Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 09:14 AM

Default TPGK facing strenght on flop

BB is 29/12/1.0

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Leads out and 3-bets me. I think I could behind here to AQ, JT or a set. Maybe even two pair is possible since people love playing Q9. I decide to just check it.

Turn: (5.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Is the call here good? The only hand I feared before that I beat now is two pair (if he had 8-9)

River: (7.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Ok, now I am most definately ahead here. KK is the only hand that beats me and I highly doubt that.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB.

Ok, the point with the hand is, is my line on the flop and turn good?
Old 12-09-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: TPGK facing strenght on flop

I like this fine. Whether or not to raise the turn would depend on a read of what BB can be aggressive with, or if perhaps he's one of those players that turns into a total psycho while defending blinds. Without a real decent read though, I'd just call the turn as well.

You river goot.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:00 PM

I would definitely raise the turn here, and if he three-bets it then call down to the river. I think my opinion is a bit skewed because I saw the river action, but on the turn I really think you're up against a weaker queen here rather than two pair that just filled up. He has a huge range of hands here, I think. He could be three-betting the flop with a number of draws, perhaps a pair of nines and a flush draw, or top pair and a straight draw. Maybe he's getting aggressive because the pot is heads up. He might even have aces, who knows?

Anyway, I think the flop is fine.

The river action is kind of weird on his part. Why the hell he went for the check-raise is beyond me, so I have no idea what he had.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:18 PM

Line is good. Call on the turn is good. You've got 10 outs if he's got the straight, pot odds are right for a call. I don't like a raise here pot is small, raising here gives him a chance to 3-bet. If he doesnt 3-bet you'll be getting a little better than 3:1 pot odds for 3.5:1 to hit (implied odds might make that ok if he doesnt 3-bet). If he 3-bets you'll be getting 8.25:3 or 2.75:1.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:39 PM

Raise the turn - yes getting 3-bet sucks, but you have the best hand way too often there.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:53 PM

Your flop range is way too narrow--a 3-bet doesn't necessitate two pair or better. The fact that he's semi-loose and in the big blind means there are a lot of queens he could be playing. Many players auto 3-bet top pair.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:08 PM

Do you suggest a cap on the flop here even tho villain isn't super aggressive? It seems to me like he isn't scared of the Q and me being the preflop raiser here.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:32 PM

What if hero caps the flop and then just calls down if the BB leads the turn? Would that be a possible line to take?
Old 12-09-2005, 06:41 PM

Nice hand. Good reasoning.

Against a fairly conservative range you are a 2:1 underdog on the flop and 50/50 on the turn. You will also be 50/50 on a safe river. This range is.....

99-88
AT - A2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
KJ - K9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
J9, T9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
KQ, Q8+, JT, 98
Old 12-09-2005, 07:03 PM

Grunch:
I like raise and call flop. I think he might have 3b AQ preflop but JT, set, flush draw, Q8 or Q9 all could be possible.
Turn: I might raise here but a made straight is still good so I'm not sure.(as usual)Comments?
River: How sweet it is. Nice hand