Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 01:54 AM

Default I know I didn\'t play it right.

third hand at table so I have no stats...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
[color=#666666]1 fold</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#666666]5 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]BB bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#CC3333]BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

agree with raised turn? river raise ?
Old 12-04-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: I know I didn\'t play it right.

i raise flop

as you played it, just call the turn.
what were you hoping to achieve? fold equity?

oh... and raise the river, of course. BB is screaming made hand at you on the turn
Old 12-04-2005, 01:59 AM

The turn action tells you he's not chasing a flush draw I think. So raise up the river, about the only logical hand you lose to is Q9spades.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:09 AM

I had the winning hand... I was just really upset cause I couldn't figure out why i played it like that
Old 12-04-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i raise flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, why? You're heads-up. Villan is betting into your preflop raise. Even if that means he ONLY has TP or 2PTK, you don't have enough outs to raise for value (15 by my count, assuming you're not reverse-dominated by KJ/QJ/etc), and you're pot-committing yourself.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:54 AM

It's read dependent but a flop raise may also buy a free card.

The turn raise is bad and unless this guy is 3-betting the turn with flush draws, raise the river please.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:57 AM

Warning, I haven't been playing a lot of poker recently, and when I have, it's been no-limit, but I'm trying to get back in the game, so here's my advice (not necessarily for use against typical 0.5/1 party donks):

You should definitely have raised this flop, maybe even for value against some hands like 66 that may be leading out to try to get you to fold. Getting increased folding equity on the turn would have been nice too...

(Edit: Hmm... Shant would have taken the free card and boz would have just called, so my stance here, which is to bet the turn if he checks to you, may be just a little too aggressive.)

...However, waiting to the turn to raise doesn't make sense for a few reasons:

1) If you had a hand, you would have attempted to charge him for it on this draw-heavy flop, so your turn raise isn't actually that scary. You'd also have wanted to try to find out where you stood on the flop rather than the turn if you had a real hand here.

2) It sucks when you get three-bet on the turn. I'm not sure of the math of this, but it sucks, trust me. You've got to be getting folds quite often here.

3) It's cheaper to try to fold the guy on the flop than on the turn.

So, raise the flop, but if you just call the flop, also just call the turn.

---

On the river, he hasn't done anything to show that he has a flush draw. Therefore raise. If he three-bets you, you've got a tough decision to make, because it looks like he bet-three-bet you with a set, trying to make an ace pay off, but once you raised the turn, you weren't representing an ace, and a hand like KK calls vs the river bet, so I'm not quite sure what he might have to make that play... So calling a three-bet is probably okay. But if you had just called the turn and he bet-three-bets on the river, now go ahead and cap it. The better your opponent plays, the more willing you should be to cap this river, if you just called the turn.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn action tells you he's not chasing a flush draw I think. So raise up the river, about the only logical hand you lose to is Q9spades.

[/ QUOTE ]

T8s spades too?
Old 12-04-2005, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had the winning hand... I was just really upset cause I couldn't figure out why i played it like that

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, we know you've got the winning hand! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It's alright man, I know for sure that everyone who replied to this post has made plays worse than calling this river. If you dig deep enough in the archives, you could probably find evidence. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 03:11 AM

Nah... no one else has EVER made a bad play...

EVER