Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: KK - Stupidly Cautious?

At .05/.10, I think the players are slightly better. When I started out at .02/.04, I couldn't wait to get up to .05/.10, since it seemed like everything I was learning and applying was somewhat useless in a game where a bet and a raise usually meant my opponents simply had 2 cards. .05/.10 starts to play more like a real game. You still have your fair share of total idiots, but it starts to feel more like real money and less like play money. I definitely felt like .25/.50 was where I learned the most, however. Not to say that I'm not still learning, but .25/.50 seemed to be the cutoff on Stars between people throwing around money and people trying to play poker (albeit for the most part, still not very well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).
Old 12-29-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Is .02/.04 really that horrendous? If so, does moving up to .05/.1 change the game enough that I can expect to gain a lot more from learning that game? I don't want to spend time applying a good skill set to .02/.04 and find out that, once i move up, the idiocy at .02/.04 has caused me to change the way I play the game.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I think that game is almost like play money. I played that on stars for 1 mo. I jumped to .25/.50 and started over. I did well and doubled my $50. bankroll in a few months.(Not playing that much but studying alot) Then I got busy and didn't play for 3 wks. Thanksgiving, I got in there and lost my earnings in 4 sessions. ( Bad cards partly but some crappy play) I dropped to .10/.20 and am building again. I'm playing 1 table and maxing reads (without PT) This forum is very helpful but I've got a long way to go.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Is .02/.04 really that horrendous? If so, does moving up to .05/.1 change the game enough that I can expect to gain a lot more from learning that game? I don't want to spend time applying a good skill set to .02/.04 and find out that, once i move up, the idiocy at .02/.04 has caused me to change the way I play the game.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of depends on how tight money is for sure, but I would suggest getting up to .5/1 as soon as possible.