Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 03:42 AM

Default How Many Call This?

Live 100 max 1-2 NL game. I'm in the small blind with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] .....family pot and button raises to 10. About $95 in the pot, my stack has $115 and other stack in small blind is around $140. Flop comes down 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Small blind pushes. I think for a minute and he's been playing extremely agressive. I put him on overpair or a set. Instead he ended up having A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the turn is a blank and river is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Is this a dumb call? Or just kinda unlucky that I ran into the nut flush draw.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:49 AM

Default Re: How Many Call This?

I see lots of problems:
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the small blind...
Small blind pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

So who is the small blind, you or him?

[ QUOTE ]

Flop comes down 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Small blind pushes. I put him on overpair or a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you put him on overpair or set why would you call. Even if he does one of those 2 hands it's still an incorrect call, considering that the set can fill up. Add that to the chance he can have 2 higher spades and I think it's a bad call.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:49 AM

Your post makes no sense.

-You're in the small blind with 38s. You said someone raised to $10, so you called with this hand? Fold.

-The small blind goes all in on the flop. Wait, didn't you say you were the small blind? Are there multiple?

-Yes the call is horrible. Most of the time you're drawing virtually dead or slim. At best you're a 2-1 underdog. You made quite a few mistakes here. I recommend going through some posts here and really trying to find solutions to posted problems. You need to learn how to examine things that way. It looks to me like you were probably just too caught up in the moment.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:10 AM

So you called your own bet on the flop, following the preflop fold?
Old 05-21-2005, 04:46 AM

lol
Old 05-21-2005, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

At best you're a 2-1 underdog.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=966429
pokenum -h 8s 3s - - kd kc -- 2h 4s 5s
Holdem Hi: 990 enumerated boards containing 5s 4s 2h
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
8s 3s 539 54.44 433 43.74 18 1.82 0.554
Kc Kd 433 43.74 539 54.44 18 1.82 0.446

to the OP, its a hell of alot better to be the one pushing with an open ended straight/flush draw than to be the one calling the push. best case scenario your looking at a coinflip here, which isnt usually what you want to be calling all ins with in a cash game.

and ... fold preflop, playing any 2 suited in any position to a raise is no good
Old 05-21-2005, 12:47 PM

Who cares about SB/BB/button/whoever pushing, I'm curious as to what on earth convinced you calling a $10 bet from the SB in a 100NL with 83 suited? Do like throwing away money?

[ QUOTE ]
I think for a minute

[/ QUOTE ]

And you still called away your stack in a ring game thinking you were well behind with at most 15 outs to a baby straight and 8 high flush? This isn't LIMIT.