Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 02:05 PM

Default BR ?

I have a few bankroll questions. Assuming I am a 1BB/hr player is the "standard" 300BB bankroll big enough to last & if so how long could it last?

What I am getting at is, I want to go to Vegas for a month and play. Would I be ok with a 300BB BR for my limit? I don't play NL. Or should I consider upping it to around 400/500 BB?
Old 02-24-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: BR ?

Maybe it's just me, but if I'd just lost 300BB in a one month time period, I'd be too depressed to play any more. At least not without taking a breather and/or reassessing my play.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's just me, but if I'd just lost 300BB in a one month time period, I'd be too depressed to play any more. At least not without taking a breather and/or reassessing my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok that is kind of what I was thinking. I was on another forum and was getting a very different response so I figured I would come here were there is more knowledge.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:47 PM

Just play your game. Don't play during the day if it seems rocky unless it's the weekend. Limit yourself to 30BB losses in one session at most instead of trying to make up your losses in one session. Play long sessions when you're ahead and playing your game if the game's good.

You should do fine. Enjoy the trip.