Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Diablo banned

he has just told me that he has no interest in any of these responsibilities or accesses.

btw, ibiliti looks pretty stupid.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Diablo hasn't posted much in the way of meaningful strat in a long time. I agree he's a fantastic poster when he wants to be, but I'm not sure that's a life time pass to make other people's lives difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally disagree with this. It's just not posted in a straight foward manner. Above all it's his perspective and experience that is a huge asset to the high-stakes NL forum. I think it's retarded that him making someone's life "difficult" is even a blip on the screen compared to making sure diablo continues to participate.

I know you said you disagreed with the banning and I appreciate your nuanced reason. I just disagree with this part.

El Diablo should essentially be immune from banning. I think Ed hit the nail on the head.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:07 PM

There's no need to have an argument about if he contributes as much. The point is simply that he's no longer the proflific and AS valuable strat poster as he was back when he was Uly. I'm just not sure what he brings to the table warrents saying "you can do whatever you want", but then I don't think that we should be saying that to anybody ever.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:36 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

diablo does not want to be a moderator. i infer that it's because he feels like some sort of official association with 2+2 will limit his ability to express himself, or rather that it would change the way that people interpret what he does express. i can understand that.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just not sure what he brings to the table warrents saying "you can do whatever you want"

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think he'd be limiting himself to "X and Y are dating" if he had free reign to say whatever he wanted. This is all pretty silly imo. Do you guys realize we have this long thread because someone said that some other people were dating? I thought that was an okay thing to say post-puberty.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:25 PM

Can El Diablo's thread be locked now please? And can we please find a solution to this ThinMan problem. Please edit his post so it is empty.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think he'd be limiting himself to "X and Y are dating" if he had free reign to say whatever he wanted. This is all pretty silly imo. Do you guys realize we have this long thread because someone said that some other people were dating? I thought that was an okay thing to say post-puberty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is my feelings exactly. it was a post about dating. I mean I just don't see the problem and I thought Jason's response was ideal. They are dating and people seemed pleased or indifferent about it. It seems like if the post would have been left alone, jason would have given his response or ignored it. Either way it wouldn't have been a big deal at all from what I can see.

Now in fairness to those involved I think there any posts in regards to sex or things of that nature would be over the line and subject to deletion etc. But I guess to me a dating announcment is just something you smile at go "oh cool" or "oh that's interesting" or even "oh who cares" not some dirty secret that has to be dealt with severly.

Again I thought Jason's response has pretty much put the whole thing to rest.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:39 PM

Jeremy,

I know this is a point I made in OOT, but I'd like to make it here as well.

I think that's an awfully optimistic view of OOT. Everybody here is an adult, dating=sex, and sex=idiot 19 year old posters with SIIHP jokes and worse.

I think it's probably in 2p2's best interest to try and curtail the abuse our female posters get as much as we can. If that means being a little trigger happy on threads like this, I'm all for it.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dating=sex, and sex=idiot 19 year old posters with SIIHP jokes and worse

[/ QUOTE ]
Do people really get offended by someone saying "SIIHP"? This is a serious question. Let's say that thread was left unlocked and got 50 replies saying "OMG Jason you should SII mslif's P!!!!!" Is that something that would piss people off? Personally I wouldn't care if someone posted a thread about my girlfriend and joefuckhead23 told me I should bang her in the ass. I just don't see why that's a bad thing. Maybe some people do, I would like to understand why.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's probably in 2p2's best interest to try and curtail the abuse our female posters get as much as we can

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you think the SIIHP comment would qualify as abuse? Personally I don't, based on context of where it was said. It's sort of equivalent to being told to shut up, which I think we can all agree is not abuse.

I'm just really tired of so many people around here being ultra sensitive.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is my feelings exactly. it was a post about dating. I mean I just don't see the problem and I thought Jason's response was ideal. They are dating and people seemed pleased or indifferent about it. It seems like if the post would have been left alone, jason would have given his response or ignored it. Either way it wouldn't have been a big deal at all from what I can see.

Now in fairness to those involved I think there any posts in regards to sex or things of that nature would be over the line and subject to deletion etc. But I guess to me a dating announcment is just something you smile at go "oh cool" or "oh that's interesting" or even "oh who cares" not some dirty secret that has to be dealt with severly.

Again I thought Jason's response has pretty much put the whole thing to rest.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like you a lot more than I used to.