Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 05:24 AM

Default Re: Gonna live off 2/4 - How long?

I just saw your reply to Bernie and edited my post.

Like I wrote there, I suggest using the search engine and reading about this topic to answer your questions and get a good idea of what it takes to play for a living. I think Ed, David or Mason wrote about this in the 2+2 Magazine also.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:45 AM

Lay off the doobs..

$1 / hr??? I would love to know how you plan on living off about $10/day.

Do you plan on EATING? After walking to McDonalds to get a double cheeseburger three times a day, your profits are now $5/day.

This thread is absurd and ridiculous.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-25-2005, 07:28 AM

Good luck, hopefully variance does not smack you in the face. I still think you'd be better off in the food or retail service industry. There you would make a lot more than $1/hr and you could play on your days off.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you plan on EATING? After walking to McDonalds to get a double cheeseburger three times a day, your profits are now $5/day.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL X 1000! Now that my stomach hurts, I have to agree... $2-4, IMO, can only be profitable online, where the rake is much lower, and no dealers/cocktail waitresses to tip, etc... Still wondering if this thread is serious or not...
Old 07-25-2005, 09:11 AM

This is one of the best troll posts I've seen in a while.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:18 PM

I'm sure you can beat the game for a few dollars an hour, but wouldn't you be better off getting a job until you had enough money to play at stakes that would allow you to pay the rent?

Not even to mention your bankroll is too low...
Old 07-25-2005, 12:28 PM

Panhandle. Build a roll that way. You have much more hope begging for money than making it playing live 2/4
Old 07-25-2005, 12:40 PM

It is very doable in the winter.

Play at the Borgata and get the $39 room rate. When you get there everyday clock in at 10-20 and play your 2-4 game. for 14 hours. You will earn $28 in comp and 14 at the tables which is $42.... enough to pay for your room.

Youll need a little more money to eat tho, so here are some suggestions:

Sit in the one seat!
When people throw over a tip for the dealer, grab it tap the chip on the tip tube, but then put it in your pocket. Not only should you make a few extra dollars an hour, but the dealers will thank you for being so kind.

Order a lot of drinks, and when the waitress comes give her a single and ask for $4 back, most of them are pretty/dumb so this should work about twice a day.

Also, always offer to pass the drinks from the waitress to the players, and then when passing the tip back, palm anything over $1.

Tell people you are going to starbucks and ask if they need anything...... round the prices up when you comeback

Bring a carton of Newport, Marlboro, and Marlboro light whenever you play. pay $5 a pack on the outside and you can easily sell them for $8-10 at the table.

Finally whenever the guy next to you goes to the restroom, "accidentally" knock over his chips. When restacking, feel free to take something for your hard work!

Hope this helps..... As they say, Poker is a hard way to make an easy living [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally whenever the guy next to you goes to the restroom, "accidentally" knock over his chips. When restacking, feel free to take something for your hard work!

[/ QUOTE ]

My Favorite [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] .. Don't sit next to me boys.

I accidently did this at a 3-6 game at the Borgata a couple years ago. Lady went to the bathroom while I was scooping in a pot i knocked her chips over.. Her Husband was there and he was just like, "Don't worry about it, It'll give her something to do."

I don't think we mixed them up.. But it probably looked fishy anyway.