Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 11:56 AM

Default A lot of Value in the NHL Today

Welcome all you loyal NHL followers! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

There are a bunch of games in the NHL today with lines that look totally out of whack. I am on some of them already, but I am not here to post picks. My post is for informational purposes only [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The line posted is current (pinny) and the number in () is where I capped them.

Pittsburgh +222 (+234)
Buffalo -254

Toronto +242 (+165)
Ottawa -262

Florida +146 (+107)
Atlanta -156

Detroit +100 (-109)
Tampa Bay -110

Montreal +116 (-126)
Minnesota -126

Boston +186 (+149)
Calgary -204

Columbus +184
Nashville -199 (-280)

Edmonton +147 (+128)
Vancouver -157

Phoenix +131 (+117)
Los Angeles -141

I have been capping with my current system for about 2 months and have never seen this many lines this far off. I am really excited about the money making possibilities today [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's a lot of road dogs as usual, but I don't try to pick winners I try to make plays that have good value.

Feel free to discuss anything NHL in this thread.

TheRake
Old 12-17-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: A lot of Value in the NHL Today

I should note that there are other factors to take into account before betting any game. Some of the things my numbers don't take into account are starting goalies, how tired or fresh a team might be, or injuries. It does take into account home ice advantage and recent success/struggles. My numbers are simply meant to be a jumping off point to find value on any particular game.

TheRake
Old 12-17-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pittsburgh +222 (+234)
Buffalo -254

[/ QUOTE ]

Got these switched by accident. Should be

Pittsburgh +234 (+222)
Buffalo -254
Old 12-17-2005, 01:28 PM

it's interesting you say this because the only nhl betting i do is in a contest with stale lines, and i noticed how the lines have moved way less than normal on the dogs today.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:01 PM

Probable starters for tonights games from Hockey Informer

Brian Boucher, Phoenix Coyotes - Boucher is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Kings, reports the Arizona Republic. David LeNeveu has been sent down to the minors to make room for Boucher.

Jussi Markkanen, Edmonton Oilers - Markkanen is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Canucks, reports the Edmonton Sun.

Pekka Rinne, Nashville Predators - Rinne is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Blue Jackets, reports the Nashville Tennessean. The other option is Tomas Vokoun, who has recovered from a sprained knee and should be able to serve as the backup at the very least.

Antero Niittymaki, Philadelphia Flyers - Niittymaki is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Blues, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News. Yes, we know it was supposed to be Robert Esche tonight, but Esche is hurt and you can ready about his injury near the bottom of this page.

Chris Osgood, Detroit Red Wings - Osgood is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Lightning, reports the Detroit Free Press. In his career, Osgood is an amazing 14-0 with a 1.70 GAA against the Lightning.

Jocelyn Thibault, Pittsburgh Penguins - Thibault is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Sabres, reports the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is going with Marc-Andre Fleury again so we're not totally confident here.

Martin Biron, Buffalo Sabres - Biron is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Penguins, reports the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Michael Garnett, Atlanta Thrashers - Garnett is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Panthers, reports the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Kari Lehtonen is expected to practice for the first time on Monday so Garnett's days as the #1 goalie appear to be coming to an end.

Martin Brodeur, New Jersey Devils - Brodeur is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Hurricanes, reports the Raleigh News-Observer.

Martin Gerber, Carolina Hurricanes - Gerber is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Devils, reports the Raleigh News-Observer.

Ed Belfour, Toronto Maple Leafs - Belfour is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Senators, reports the Toronto Star. He was unable to play in the last game due to a groin injury but has supposedly sufficiently recovered from that.

Dominik Hasek, Ottawa Senators - Hasek is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Maple Leafs, reports the Ottawa Citizen.

David Aebischer, Colorado Avalanche - Aebischer is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Islanders. Nobody knows whether it will be Aebischer or Peter Budaj but what we do know is that it definitely won't be Vitaly Kolesnik.

Rick DiPietro, New York Islanders - DiPietro is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Avalanche.

Robert Luongo, Florida Panthers - Luongo is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Thrashers.

John Grahame, Tampa Bay Lightning - Grahame is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Red Wings.

Jason Bacashihua, St. Louis Blues - Bacashihua is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Flyers. Curtis Sanford left the Blues' last game due to an injured hip flexor so we're assuming that he won't be able to start tonight.

Mathieu Garon, Los Angeles Kings - Garon is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Coyotes.

Pascal Leclaire, Columbus Blue Jackets - Leclaire is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Predators.

Andrew Raycroft, Boston Bruins - Raycroft is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Flames.

Miikka Kiprusoff, Calgary Flames - Kiprusoff is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Bruins.

Jose Theodore, Montreal Canadiens - Theodore is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Wild. He skipped yesterday's practice due to a sore left knee and is listed as questionable. If Theodore can't play, it will be Cristobal Huet between the pipes.

Dwayne Roloson, Minnesota Wild - Roloson is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Canadiens.

Alex Auld, Vancouver Canucks - Auld is the probable starter for Saturday's game against the Oilers.

Robert Esche, Philadelphia Flyers - Esche re-injured his groin earlier this week against the Canucks and will be sidelined for 14 days, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News. Once he is able to return, the Flyers will not play Esche in back-to-back games for precautionary reasons. What this means is that Antero Niittymaki's value just went up as he has showed that he is a capable starter with or without Esche in the lineup.

Tomas Vokoun, Nashville Predators - Vokoun participated in a full practice yesterday and pronounced himself ready to go, reports the Nashville Tennessean. He was supposed to miss around two weeks with a knee sprain but has recovered in less than a week. Coach Barry Trotz hasn't decided on who to start for tonight's game but logic seems to dictate that he'll stick with Pekka Rinne tonight before going back to Vokoun for next week's games. Brian Finley will likely head back to the minors. The Tennessean summed up the whole situation pretty nicely: The #1 is back, but he may serve as a #2 behind the #4 tonight. The #3 appears headed back to Milwaukee. The usual #2 is still hurt.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:44 PM

Interesting.
The only one I took was Pitt, and only for a very small bet.
Was on phx, but when I learned boucher was starting I bought it back.
Took Ott -1.5 +105. Tor is missing a couple players, and spezza is back for Ott. Laying the -262 seems retarded.
Also the NYI +105. Still betting against Col. and their goalie situation.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also the NYI +105. Still betting against Col. and their goalie situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

The goalie situation is not good in Colorado, but they score so many goals it keeps them hanging around. I actually had this game at Colorado -116 so there was small value on both sides (at least when I originally posted). I am staying away from this one.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:24 PM

Well, yesterday I went 0-4, -4.20 units. Let's hope today is better. So far, I'm on:

Flyers -1.5 (+140)
Flames/Bruins Over5.5 (+130)
Edmonton ML (+160)
Detroit ML (-105)
Old 12-18-2005, 06:05 AM

Flyers -1.5 (+140) <font color="green">WIN</font>
Flames/Bruins Over5.5 (+130) <font color="red">LOSS</font>
Edmonton ML (+160) <font color="green">WIN</font>
Detroit ML (-105) <font color="green">WIN</font>

3-1, +3.00 units