Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Transitioning to NL

I've been playing SNGs (22s, 33s) on Party for the past two months with success. I've also been dabbling in 50 NL 6 max play over the last few days and have found it more lucrative on a per hour basis. (Granted, neither set of stats are approaching validity, yet.)

Beyond game play considerations, I was wondering if anyone here had made a full transition to NL play from SNGs and could share any advice they have. (Or point me to an appropriate thread.)

Mostly, I'm wondering about the relative variance associated with each game.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Transitioning to NL

try the ssnl forum...there should be a fair number of posters who can help.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Transitioning to NL

hmmm...I dont play six max, but for full ring game I pretty just play slightly tighter than I do during the 1st round of a tourney. My basic pf strategy i got from "Harrington on Holdem" Vol 1...excellent book for both types of play. then I made a couple of changes from 2+2 suggestions and experience. Unless you have known fish at your table, full ring is going to be more profitable. Do not bluff as much as you would in tourneys. Maybe someone who plays 6 max could help you more if thats your plan.