Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 04:19 PM

Default 7/8b hand 7

Too aggressive or just right? I'm check folding fourth if seat 5 bets.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes

4th Street - (2.70 SB)

Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street - (1.35 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (3.35 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River - (5.35 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (7.35 BB)
Old 11-09-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Re: 7/8b hand 7

This is an interesting one. What was your thinking on 3rd, 4th and 5th streets? How long had you been at the table? Did you have good reads on your opponents?
Old 11-09-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is an interesting one. What was your thinking on 3rd, 4th and 5th streets? How long had you been at the table? Did you have good reads on your opponents?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I had been there around an hour or so. My image to those who pay attention was tight.

3d - I'd like to pick up the blinds and ante's. If the up card isn't an ace, I limp here. If anyone came in before me, I limp here. With more lows behind me, I would limp, but with only a 3 and an 8 (and the bi) I figured I would raise and let the hand play itself.

4th - bah. He hit, I missed, time to check fold. Oh wow, he let me see a free card.

5th - His check on 4th was incredibly weak, (there is even a good chance I am marginally ahead in both directions) and he really should fold, which is pretty fine in my book.

Edit - reads I don't recall.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:41 PM

So you're stealing on third, seat 5 caught a marignal card I think you should bet fourth. He stil checked to you opn 5th so you bet again to try to pick up the pot, fine. I think sixth is the closest stret. I'm not sure you're ahead there often enough is the thing. It's good because if he pops you you can fold and it's good that it lets you play well on the river, but I just don't think you have the best hand and don't think you're folding a worse hand.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:36 AM

You played this one fine. I would probably fold on third street. If the game is tight enough that stealing is a high-percentage play, I would probably find another game.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:36 AM

I would fold this on third bc the game has such a tight structure. Being that you completed, I think you played the rest fine.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Results

I wouldn't say the game was that tight, and there is a lot of bad post third play. You can steal a little, but I would lable this more of a semi steal since my hand has some value but just isn't premium. I forget the exact outcome of this hand.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:39 AM

Perhaps the 3rd st steal attempt is ok, but it seems that you overvalue these hands with A,8,& another low card. Be careful. I would bet 4th to hold on to the momentum, myself. The K is not a complete miss, & his card is not great. The 6th st bet is ok. It would look better if you had bet 4th. Nice suck out on the river. This is what winning poker is all about.(lol)
Old 11-12-2005, 02:26 AM

I bet fourth... i mean... are you representing aces, or what?

checking cause you bricked just GIVES away your hand, and BEGS a aggressive opponent to take the pot away on fifth with what may be an even worse hand than yours... also if you HAD bet, and fifth had come down the way it did, you could bet and he would have to fold, no? even if he villian sees through it, he can't really raise with a draw to an 8 low, eh? if he has a lower pair, well, then... he'll fold, or see one more card and then ditch. a bet does so much here, and it's still cheap.

i fire again on fourth...