Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 04:21 PM

Default KK Flop and River suspect

UTG is a TAG 15/11 after about 60 hands, and I haven't seen him get out of line.
BB is 35/5 after the same.

The flop c/r slowed me down but I figured I'd go full steam for half price and slow down later if I go unimproved. How right or wrong was this?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (9.66 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12.66 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 12.66 BB

the river completed a flush and straight, BB would be the only one I'm worried about a straight. The flop c/r made me cautious of another river c/r. Thats why I checked through. I think I should have bet and faced the threat of a c/r. This seems to be a problem of mine. I check it through when a draw completes and I suspect a c/r.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:23 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!
Default Re: KK Flop and River suspect

bet the river. Why do u want to slow down if u "go unimproved"?
Old 05-03-2005, 04:25 PM

The c/r on the flop, and tag along by the BB figured I was beat. Plus a river c/r by UTG was likely so he would trap the BB for another bet with that play.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The c/r on the flop, and tag along by the BB figured I was beat. Plus a river c/r by UTG was likely so he would trap the BB for another bet with that play.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the hand history, BB folded.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:28 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are only two hands that beat u here (JJ/ 88), and I'm betting villain plays AJ/ KJ this way or even a pocket pair. You really can't play this scared, especially against TAGs. You're also getting an overlay from UTG, so just keep betting until the TAG gives u more reason to believe u are behind.

Bet the river, only the flush draw has u beat and u can probably fold to a c/r if UTG is passive enough and they will call with worse hands.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:30 PM

I think you must bet this river. There are so many combinations of hands that UTG and UTG+1 could be holding that you still beat. Value bet this mofo!!!

Also, are you really worried about someone folding 47 or 79 for a rivered gutshot straight???
Old 05-03-2005, 04:36 PM

At the moment I was, now that I look at it, I'm not worried about the straight. Its now pretty obvious I missed an easy river bet.