Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 04:08 AM

Default Pick a PC game for me

Well it seems my system can handle RPG's and the such, as I succesfully played Rise of Nations online tonight for the first time in a while. I want to pick up a new game on saturday and I can't decide. The obvious choice is WoW, but what other choices do I have? Should I get one of those War Craft packs, or screw it and go straight for WoW.

Also, I've been mostly a sports gamer, and MVP Baseball is on its way out. Anyone think I should pick this up too? or will WoW take up way to much of my non poker time to make MVP baseball worthwhile?

Well I guess I just decided on WoW, but if theres anything else I should try instead let me know. I've never played any of the warcraft games, so I'm not too attached just yet.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Re: Pick a PC game for me

I've just recently been playing a lot of Rise of Nations again. I've had it for some time, but never really got into it. That's changed this time around.

As for the Warcraft games, you need to understand that none of the other games in the Warcraft series (Starcraft too) are the same genre as WoW. They are all basically RTS games (like Rise of Nations without the turn based parts). WoW is a MMORPG.

I love the whole series, but Warcraft 3 wasn't as good as Warcraft 2. But it doesn't matter, because Starcraft wipes the floor with both of them. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2005, 04:26 AM

Play one of the Total War variants.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:27 AM

I love Rise of Nations too, but I just played and got my azz kicked!! So I figured if I'm going to put time into a game, it might as well be a newer one.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love Rise of Nations too, but I just played and got my azz kicked!! So I figured if I'm going to put time into a game, it might as well be a newer one.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Build additional cities ASAP
2) Build multiple libraries to conduct research simulatneously. In fact, always conduct research as soon as is becomes avaliable.
3) Don't forget about Metal!
4) Build a Colossus as soon as you can
5) Build granaries/smelters/paper mills where you can; but maximize in your interior cities. Make cities
6) Always have an extra set of military installations far away from where you expect much of the fighting to take place
7) NEVER go into battle w/o a general (preferably two) and several supply wagons

Problem solved.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well it seems my system can handle RPG's and the such, as I succesfully played Rise of Nations online tonight for the first time in a while. I want to pick up a new game on saturday and I can't decide. The obvious choice is WoW, but what other choices do I have? Should I get one of those War Craft packs, or screw it and go straight for WoW.

Also, I've been mostly a sports gamer, and MVP Baseball is on its way out. Anyone think I should pick this up too? or will WoW take up way to much of my non poker time to make MVP baseball worthwhile?

Well I guess I just decided on WoW, but if theres anything else I should try instead let me know. I've never played any of the warcraft games, so I'm not too attached just yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

WoW is a great game. I am also an avid baseball fan, and i think i will probably end up getting MVP for the PC later. I think that WoW will still be taking up all my time. I will also be playing the 2k5 Baseball game on the x-box. But i might break down and get MVP soon too. I am a junkie for a good baseball game. It depends on how fast the mod's come out for MVP baseball for the PC.

WoW is one of the best games i have ever played. Do yourself a favor and get it. NOW! But MVP has a good chance to be the best baseball game ever ... it is a tough choice. Get them both.

/bd
Old 02-25-2005, 12:35 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

WoW is a complete life-ruiner. everybody that plays it ends up devoting like 10+ hours/week to it and basically has nothing to show for it other than a level 27 orc with a +2 vorpal sword.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:50 PM

Deus Ex, Half Life, Command and Conquer Red Alert, Heroes of Might and Magic (2 or 3), Fallout (1 and 2), Arcanum. All of those are amazing.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WoW is a complete life-ruiner. everybody that plays it ends up devoting like 10+ hours/week to it and basically has nothing to show for it other than a level 27 orc with a +2 vorpal sword.

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider all those games to be IRC with neat graphics and bonuses for chatting more hours.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:24 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

yes, but does irc have +2 vorpal swords?