Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 04:12 PM

Default 10/20 99 in position

The fish on my right is why I'm taking a shot in this game, he's an 80/5 that plays straight forward postflop. The BB I don't have stats on, but so far he seems kind of fishy. He's been limping and calling way to much in the 30 or so hands. I think he's shown down some suspect hands also.

Party Poker 10/20 (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666"></font>Fish limps, Hero raises, BB and Fish Call.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB bets, Fish Calls, Hero Calls

I'm definetly not folding, and I'm planning on raising the turn.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB bets, Fish Folds, Hero Raises

perfect card, so I follow through

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero...

that just catches up one of the hands I beat, bet?

I think I played it not optimally, but meh after reviewing it w/ a poster. PS: those are my thoughts as the hand is going on and not very thorough.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: 10/20 99 in position

Raise the flop. You don't know you will be bet into again on the turn. Also, if you are behind, you will be paying a lot more. Check the river.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: 10/20 99 in position

raise the flop. this is not a good time for a free showdown raise because if you are behind on the flop you have little chance of improving and when you are ahead, you want another SB from fish. the turn card actually made the free showdown raise a good play, as it gave you a gutshot. check the river.