Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 05:41 AM

Default A hand against brazilio

Pretty tight 5 handed game. (No converter for the site)

Braz opens UTG, folded to me on the button I 3bet AJo,
blinds fold, Braz Calls

Flop: Ah-Qs-6s (7.5sbs)
Braz checks, I bet, Braz Raises, I call
I was debating a 3bet, but decided to raise the turn.

Turn Td
Braz bets, I change my mind and just call

River- 6h
Braz bets, I call

Braz plays pretty agg. against me in the limited table time we have against each other...in position. I don't think he's c/r'ing a flush draw or any draw on the flop. To me that clearly says "I have an ace." He didn't cap preflop so I can rule out big pairs AK and AQs and AQo sometimes. I don't think Braz is raising A9 UTG but possibly A9s. That is the one hand I can beat, AT I lose and AJ is a split.

When the Ten hit on the turn my plan changed. By raising the turn I get called down by a split, give A9s a chance to make a good fold, and open myself up to a 3bet when I'm beat. Of course I may have put braz on much to small of a range, but my read is Braz isn't getting too over aggro w/ marginal holdings because he knows I threebet his UTG raise, and I have a hand.

comments? thoughts? What are some other ranges you can put him on, I have a couple in mind but am curious to what you guys think.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:04 AM

Default Re: A hand against brazilio

I think at this table brazilio could be going down to A8o and A6/5s. Is a flush draw completely out of the question? Could he play a Q this way? He may be expecting you to fold to the flop c/r some amount of the time, and may not follow through the turn always. I would 3 bet the flop, but if you decided to wait till the turn to ix it up a little (I don't think this is bad) I think you should go ahead and do it. Even with the T you should be in pretty good shape against his range.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:13 AM

Default Re: A hand against brazilio

I would go as far as A8s and maaaaaybe A8o. Even if his range is this far, a turn raise definetly makes it an easy fold for him. I'd like to represent KK or a straight draw if he has those hands to induce a river value bet out of him.

Is there range I can put him on that he calls a turn raise when I am ahead?