Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: My girlfriend wants me to stop playing!

[ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 11-19-2005, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And you can always masterbate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-20-2005, 02:29 AM

To all those saying 'she's a control freak' or 'she's a bitch' or 'she's a controlling bitch-freak,' i probably would have just laughed, but i happen to know her and she's a really cool/sweet girl, so to just call her a 'bitch,' or, even worse, to tell him to dump her right now (even if you're joking), seems way drastic and unfounded. Plus, it's probably making him feel like [censored].

Adam, 15-20 hours a week is reasonable. 10 is ENTIRELY reasonable. [If you were working the same amount of hours at the neural networks lab, or at Devil Deliveries or whatever, she wouldn't care, would she?]

That said, are you spending an additional hour each day on these forums? Waht about reviewing hands? Consider how much time is allocated to poking when you add it all together, as opposed to the time spent literally playing hands. Maybe bring that number down to 10 or 15.

Also, think of the stuff that's adding to her resentment of your poker that isn't adding to your bankroll, like talking about hands or big tourneys around her. Minimize that stuff.

Does she have a moral problem with it, or does she just feel neglected or deprioritized? Maybe carve out 3-4 hours of drinking/partying and allocate them to her...

Sorry if some of this stuff has been said; I decided to skip pages 3-18 of bombast (which, again, I no doubt would have contributed to if I wasn't by complete chance friends with OP...haha).

gluck

Chap