Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 03:27 AM

Default Right or Wrong Way - Craps?

I have always played the Wrong Way in Craps and have done fairly well. However, I am also viewed as a major pariah at the table, as I am celebrating while my fellow players are crestfallen. Can anyone make the case for playing the Right Way besides the popularity aspect (conformist, in my opinion)? I usually just play the Don't Pass & Don't Come until three points are established and then ride it out until the current shooter is finished. What alternatives are there that can persuade me to switch over to the other side?
Old 08-15-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: Right or Wrong Way - Craps?

The only argument for playing the Do side is the fun you'd have with all the other players.

I'm a don't player myself and don't at all mind going against the table. I did mind once when the pit boss asked my friend and I to "quiet down" because other people were playing the Pass.

Anyways the odds are very very similar but I'm sure you know they slightly favour the don't. That's one great reason to stay on the dark side but my other reason is that I much prefer usual small wins and occasional big losses to the usual losses of the pass.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:24 AM

I don't play craps often enough to approach the long run. So, for the sake of a fraction of a percentage point, I don't buck the table. Cheering along with the crowd is a big part of the fun of craps for me.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:15 PM

Craps is a lot more fun if the table is rocking and you are rocking with it. The difference in HA is so insignificnat that it just isn't really worth it to be the "bad guy" at the table. Even though it is silly, I won't bet when a shooter is playing the don't just on principle.

To quote one gambling author (Reber):

[ QUOTE ]
There is absolutely nothing fun about being a wrong bettor. You win only when all the right bettors (usually the rest of the table) lose. There is no cheering, no collective joy at winning, no comaraderie. It is almost as though you have to slink away with your winning like some slumlord whose profits came at the expense of everyone else. I am a right bettor and proud of it. If I stay at a table for an hour, which is about my limit for a single session, and make a total of about $4,000 in bets, I am costing myself, on average, about seventy cents over what a wrong bettor would expect. I can handle it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-15-2005, 01:29 PM

I bet based on what I think of the shooter. Whether he looks down on his luck, how he's dressed, whether he thinks he's gonna win, how he throws the dice, etc...

Sometimes betting the pass line is like throwing your money away when the shooter is a sure loser. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2005, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet based on what I think of the shooter. Whether he looks down on his luck, how he's dressed, whether he thinks he's gonna win, how he throws the dice, etc...

Sometimes betting the pass line is like throwing your money away when the shooter is a sure loser. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can someone who visits 2+2 post something like this? How?.....How?
Old 08-16-2005, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably as good an answer as any, and you may as well get into the spirit of gambling, if your going to do it!
Old 08-16-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you missed the [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] at the end of my sentence.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:02 PM

you will notice that some shooters just cant buy a pass while others will pound it all night. Theres no logical explanation, but I see it all the time.

I usually play Pass when I shoot and Dont when others shoot (if i bet on them at all)
Old 08-16-2005, 10:49 PM

One rule I always follow:

When the dice change direction, ALWAYS bet the pass line.

The most fun is to throw the dice while betting on the Don't. You have not lived until you try this. It is fun.