Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 10:37 PM

Default Re: 1/2 nl live TT preflop UTG

If you only started with 150, there's no way you're getting set value (unless everyone else calls the re-raise behind you & has you covered).

Based on your read of the villian, it seems like a very close play. I'm not going to criticize you for pushing here. However, I think this would be a great stop-&-go situation (as long as you don't get scared).
Old 11-14-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: 1/2 nl live TT preflop UTG

I don't see a plausible hand that villan can have that hero is significantly ahead of. I don't think a guy holding 99 with that many limpers tries to blow a bunch of loose 1-2 players off their $7 invested by making a huge raise. He is thinking "i'm going to hit a set!"

The guy who makes it 40 has at least AK and probably JJ-KK, since AA might have raised smaller to pseudo trap with the small stack sizes present.

And sorry if I was curt in the above post. But the $7 UTG open doesn't accomplish anything except open yourself to being shut out by a RR. If you flop a set multiway you should be able to get 75 BB in the middle.