Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Can you ditch the ladies here?

Great advice, thanks guys. Of course the funny thing is I'd naturally bet the flop if I'd AK :-o
Old 11-02-2005, 12:23 PM

you do see the guy has less than a full bet left after he c/r's the turn, right?
Old 11-02-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you do see the guy has less than a full bet left after he c/r's the turn, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the justification for the 3 bet on the turn.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That changes things.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:03 PM

I like the entire line. Damn river!
Old 11-02-2005, 01:07 PM

bet flop
Old 11-02-2005, 02:16 PM

It's very hard to protect your hand on this 15-SB flop. It looks like you checked intending to check-raise, and if it had been checked around to the MP3, who bet, then your raise would have faced 2 players with a tough call if they held overcards or something weird. But the guy on your left bet, so I'm thinking you should have abandoned your plan when he bet, and called to see the turn. On the turn, if the SB bets, you raise to clear the field, and if the SB checks, you bet out hoping to knock weak but deadly draws out.

Is it really that bad if it's checked around on the flop? You then bet out on the turn giving callers only 4-1 pot odds or so. Or raise if the SB bets, facing the field with even worse odds.

There's a good chance you are ahead on the flop, but it's probably a fragile lead. I don't know if I like just betting out each street and hoping to hold on.

Disclaimer: I'm no expert. I was just rereading the section in SSHE the other day on protecting your hand in a big pot (p. 163), which I'm trying to apply here. Maybe I'm misapplying it.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the entire line. Damn river!

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you like the flop?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:25 PM

Flop: Bet out. You can't count on checkraising when your the preflop three bettor and the pfr just checked to you. Maybe he wants to go for a checkraise so accomadate him. Bet - and maybe he'll trap the whole field for you. Then you could three bet and face the field with two more, hopefully knocking some people out.

Turn: Fold to the raise. SB just made a straight. Edit: wait. Because SB is low on dough, you have to call his turn raise. Some guys go into spew mode when they run out of money.

River as played: Easy fold: MP has the straight if SB doesn't, or else he has trip nines.

PS: Welcome to the forums with your first post, even though you have five already.

12thR2a1stP.5wigti,4itt
Old 11-02-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great form, best on 2+2 for hand analysis and supportive replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah!

Anyway, I'll just join the chorus and say I think you should bet the flop.

My general rule when check-raising the flop is this: If I'm going to check-raise, I want to both: a) be very, very, very confident someone will bet; and b) have some reasonable thought who that bettor might be.

You have neither here. The only other person who showed pre-flop aggression checked. All you can do is bet. Your opponents will be expecting a check-raise WAY too often here.