Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 07:49 PM

Default WSOP CIRCUIT GRAND TUNICA

I just got back. I'm a side games player. I know my limitations. Anyway, I don't like no-limit. Tunica is a 12 hour drive for me. But, the four days I spent playing cards at the Grand were enjoyable and profitable. The staff did an excellent job running the live games. I was especially GLAD to have a place to play (higher than 10/20), other than Horseshoe and Goldstrike. I think the Grand is way better organized for both tournaments and live games. Get this. Chris Moneymaker was WATCHING ME play 20/40. Ha Ha. Mark Seif (sp?) another poker champ, was also there. They had to make an annoucement to clear the area, when Moneymaker was playing in a no-limit game. There must have been twenty plus, folks eyeballing his game.

Eskimo Clark was there. A dealer told the folks at my table, he pushed Eskimo a 39K pot, when he was dealing the big pot limit game, before his down at our 20/40 game. I don't railbird games. However, I did go take a peep at the big game. I approached the table in the midst of a huge pot, with a mountain of money on the table...I just kept walking. I don't have a clue as to who won the pot. I did notice a couple of women in the big game. I don't recall having seen any women in that game, prior to that. The action in the live games was very good. Lots of FULL GAMES with LISTS, everyday between 18 Aug and 21 Aug. I could have stayed longer, but I just couldn't take any more 90 degree days. There's nothing to do in Tunica, but gamble.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: WSOP CIRCUIT GRAND TUNICA

I'm glad to hear we did a good job running the side action. I hope you come back for the Janurary event. I expect it to be twice as big.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:29 AM

what NL games were spread during the eveny. i called down to the grand cardroom in biloxi and was told they dont know what they are going to spread during the wsop c.e. they normally spread 5 10 uncapped there and nothing else. since i have never played live NL i was hoping to play some 1 2 or 2 5, but alas no help.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they normally spread 5 10 uncapped there and nothing else. since i have never played live NL i was hoping to play some 1 2 or 2 5, but alas no help.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not 100% on what they will spread on that weekend.(Most likely not much since most tables will be used.) But they have been spreading 1/2 some days. And if they dont have it, The Palace just up the road always has 1/2 or 2/5.