Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 08:21 AM

Default Re: where are the non-time charge 1-2NL games in AC?

[ QUOTE ]
How does the skill level at the Borg 2/5 compare to the 1/2 there? Is it more or less the same player pool? Or do higher-level players slum it at the 2/5 while waiting for higher games? This was the feeling I got at the Trop 2/5 -- I felt like I was in over my head (I am usually profitable at the 1/2 NL level).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at The Borgata over the weekend and they were spreading NL - 1/2, 2/5, 5/10 and 10/20. 1/2 Obviously had the largest wait list followed by 2/5 which was usually around half of whatever the 1/2 list was. I only played 1/2 for about 45 minutes while waiting for a 2/5 seat to open up so I can't say a lot about the game. However I would say that it is rare for the higher NL players to sit in the lower games because the wait is shorter for the higher games.

Either way the 2/5 is still a good game, you'll see a lot of bad play and some tough beats. If you play a good game you should be able to do well at the 2/5.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: where are the non-time charge 1-2NL games in AC?

Good points. Thanks for the info, Neotope!