Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 11:01 PM

Default really crappy turn.. really big pot... party 30-60

MP2 has been tight, but overaggro at times. No read on button except that he bought in shortstacked and seems pretty passive... probably taking a shot or something. The pot is pretty big on the turn, but I just can't see my hand being good. Comments on all streets appreciated.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, 1 fold, Hero raises, MP2 3-bets,1 fold, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG calls, Hero caps, MP2 calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets, MP2 raises, Button calls, UTG folds, Hero 3-bets, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (13.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players) Hero bets, MP2 calls,Button raises, Hero folds, MP2 calls.

River: (18.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
MP2 checks, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 20.25 BB
Old 10-26-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: really crappy turn.. really big pot... party 30-60

I actually might not 3-bet the flop here. MP2 reraised you preflop and passive button who might be taking a shot coldcalled. I don't like that button coldcalled raise on the flop - I could see him having a set of 8's at that point or possibly not opting to cap with something like QQ preflop. I think it's not clear you're ahead, but if you are there are many cards you don't want to see slide off on the turn. I think as played you have a fold on the turn. If one of them didn't have you beat, they surely do now (AK, AQ, AJ, etc) and you're drawing to two outs if that's the case.

Jeff