Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Hellmuth > Caught Cheating At WPO?

Just dont make such a post like this one without having more evidence man, thats the only problem i c

-anto
Old 02-02-2005, 03:25 PM

Maybe he was just borrowing them to glue little pictures of himself on, then give them back?

ZB
Old 02-02-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Since this has been hijacked

Let me add......

"For every sprinkle I find.....I SHALL KILL YOU."

Can't wait for the new episodes.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I go down to Tunica once or twice a week. If I was down there and I spoke to someone that I deemed credible then the first place I'd probably come to TRY to find out more would be this website. Call me a douche or whatever makes you feel all warm at night.

For you critics what would you do if you heard this info from someone you find reliable?

[/ QUOTE ]

THANK YOU!

Finally someone who understands what I'm going for here. I was simply asking (hence the question mark) if anyone had heard anything else about this. As I've said before, there are a lot of people on this board who work in the area and could have some solid knowledge of what the story is.... hence my posting it here.

To those who say I shouldn't have used the guy's name... come on. If I would have posted a thread saying "I heard a rumour about a high-profile player getting busted in Tunica" the very next question out of everyone's mouths would have been "WHO?"

Regardless, I've got a couple other avenues to look into this since no one in the TV forum seems to know anything (not surprisingly...)
Old 02-03-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Re: IT WASNT HELLMUTH!!

I got outta work early tonight, went next door to the Gold Strike, asked my compadres there. It wasnt Hellmuth(darn..he is such a puke) and it wasnt a tournament. It was a very very high cash game, involving high denomination chips, by a well known player. This same player is one of many that does not want us dealers touching the chips. Now you know why I verify all bets and chip counts when these jerks make bets. If I cant clearly see the amount of chips I grab & count, release and flash my hands. Screw'em....I'm here to protect all players. And yes I have found them to be both short and over the stated amounts.

Funny tho..neither side ever tokes ya for finding them $1k-$10k.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I go down to Tunica once or twice a week. If I was down there and I spoke to someone that I deemed credible then the first place I'd probably come to TRY to find out more would be this website. Call me a douche or whatever makes you feel all warm at night.

For you critics what would you do if you heard this info from someone you find reliable?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what I wouldn't do. I wouldn't post on a public website sullying someone's name with third hand allegations about something that wasn't any of my business to begin with.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what I wouldn't do. I wouldn't post on a public website sullying someone's name with third hand allegations about something that wasn't any of my business to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Roger I can appreciate your point .... One of the responses said something like "post it but don't name names". That might have been a better option. But the internet is full of BS. I think people should consider about everything on here just that until it's proven otherwise. Like I said in my post I saw Hellmuth playing in the 3000 buy-in (which was obviously after the 1000 buy-in). So the story is either crap or they backed up tapes for a couple days to find it.

So you wouldn't go to a public website? Where would you go for reliable info? Are you just saying because it doesn't concern you that you could care less? C'mon my man enquiring minds do want to know
Old 02-03-2005, 12:44 PM

what is chip cupping
Old 02-03-2005, 12:45 PM

It's a form of sexual harassment, much like bra-snapping.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:11 PM

The first thing I'd do is ask the original source for clarification. Not sure exactly what the OP was told by his buddy, but it doesn't sound like the most concrete information in the world. The second thing I'd do is privately ask anyone I knew if they'd heard anything. After that, I would willingly choose to remian ignorant on the matter before posting a question like this.

I wouldn't say Hellmuth cheating it doesn't interest me. Obviously I clicked on the thread. But on the internet, these kinds of questions are treated as allegations and are given weight. Just look at some of the things written about John Stolzmann this past week after a "question." I'd need more than "I heard from a guy who heard from a guy (even if I considered them to be reliable)," to start this.