Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Re: [censored] you, Party Poker (Link to Content)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

if you're playing .50/1, and relying on rakeback to supplement your winnings, you're not being intelligent. bonuses >>> than rakeback, until you get up to 5/10

[/ QUOTE ]

That is simply not true. It is totally dependent on how many hands you play and what % rakeback you are getting.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, but it is simply true. most good bonuses out there - enough to fill 5-6K hands a month - give you well over 100% rakeback.

with the new multipoker bonus, which requires a gazillion hands, no microplayer is better off with rakeback unless you're playing about 20K hands a month, and even then, rakeback only makes sense after all the bonus clearing is donw.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just everyone chill out for a while.

I've been following the discussion and it seems like there will be RB on PP. Obviously, new accounts will have a much easier time than existing accounts, but I think that many affiliates are working on a way for existing accounts to get RB as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK- advice time. I have about $600 to deposit to play $1/2. I have no account at Party poker, Stars, paradise or anywhere other than Victor chandler/William Hill.

I currently have no rakeback deal and was going to sign up for empire to get dep bonus & rakeback. What should I do now?

Also, I'm based in the UK- does this effect anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

re: Party/skins, wait until the dust clears to make any decision. you're probably gonna want to sign up with RB at both Party and Empire.

from a financial standpoint, you're much better using that br for bonus whoring purposes (ie using it for a number of deposit bonuses)
Old 10-09-2005, 09:47 PM

Any further explicit discussion of rakeback needs to take place in the RB/affiliate forum.

I'm not mad at anyone, and I don't think anyone has gotten far out of line or anything. but I just want to make the position clear before the discussion on RB goes any further.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:14 AM

stars is running a 25% deposit bonus till oct.16th. you might as well using the 600 towards the 150 bonus. and since you play 1/2, it should be very easy to clear.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
stars is running a 25% deposit bonus till oct.16th. you might as well using the 600 towards the 150 bonus. and since you play 1/2, it should be very easy to clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a reload, or a 1st time deposit bonus?
Old 10-10-2005, 10:40 AM

Pokerstars officially wins the smartest company of the year award. It's a reload.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pokerstars officially wins the smartest company of the year award. It's a reload.

[/ QUOTE ]
Read the fine print of how to clear the bonus. Stars bonuses are the toughest bonuses in the history of the internet.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:04 AM

Even the fact that they offer the reload is a good business move from their standpoint. All this party panic, and their biggest competitor offers a timely bonus at their site. Seems pretty smart to me, hard to clear or not.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Read the fine print of how to clear the bonus. Stars bonuses are the toughest bonuses in the history of the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This only true if you play micros. Play 2/4 or higher and it is an easy clear.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At 2/4 or higher, it's very easy**. At least they're not UB, where the most points you can get per hand is 0.5. That is ridonkulous.

** I know, I know, that doesn't help the .5/1 players, but clearing my Stars bonus was the first time I played 2/4 6max and it wasn't as tough as I expected. Plus, a nice $150 bonus is a good time to take a shot if you're close enough in bankroll.