Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 06:30 PM

Default controversial hand...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) converter

UTG ($172.55)
Hero ($190.05)
MP1 ($69.45)
MP2 ($69.80)
MP3 ($217.25)
CO ($132.20)
Button ($223.85)
SB ($263.30)
BB ($273.25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $7</font>, Hero calls $7, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls $7, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($24) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $36</font>, CO folds, UTG calls $22.

Turn: ($96) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: ($96) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $64</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $160

ok...
I've had a lot of my friends look at this hand and I recieved mixed reviews. Here's my logic... When i raised him on the flop, i was trying to see where my pair was at, and his flat call made me think that he may have an overpair (88-QQ) and be afraid of a set or he may have a flush draw or maybe just overcards..AK AQ. I haven't played too many hands with this guy so i can't be too certain about my read. On the turn, when he checked i thought that i might as well keep the pot size down if he did infact have a higher pair so i checked behind. When the As hit the river, and he checked to me i was very confident he didn't hit a flush nor did he pair the A or i think that this player would have bet. So i figured that he would still check any pair that was beating me here, so if i bet like i hit the flush or like i was playing a set, he would have to fold. Thoughts?
Old 05-31-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: controversial hand...

nh wilson

edit: I dont like your flop raise amount
Old 05-31-2005, 07:03 PM

if river was a non spade ace, do you make same bluff?
Old 05-31-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if river was a non spade ace, do you make same bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]
-i think if the river wasn't a spade but it was another card 7 or under, i would make another bet (bluff?) at it since that would put a 4 card straight on board or give me a set, which i think would either give me a winner, or make it difficult for him to call with an OP