Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Weak Tight you say Mikel?

[ QUOTE ]
He NEVER ever pays me off with 99 or 88 here.

LGPG

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And that has nothing to do with the fact that you never, ever, ever bluff on the river?
Old 09-28-2005, 10:43 AM

"Feel free to bet on and pay off the Black guy. I would probably never check this against you, btw."

irrelevant because i would never let myself get to the river with only JJ in a hand where you 3 bet preflop and kept betting on the flop and turn.

it's great you play in such rancid games that you can narrow down the other weak tight player's hands so perfectly and make value checks like this. unfortunately the rest of us play in games where our opponents (even the solid, black ones) are so loose they can have a wide variety of holdings here, so, for us, not value betting KK here is unthinkable.

LBPLS
Old 09-28-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: IGNORANT

Yessss....I frequent the 30-60 one weekend/month, and have come to know the regulars, and every time I'm there it seems she's there....small world. Well, not really. lol.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:03 AM

You really need to change your handle to The Black Guy
Old 09-28-2005, 11:29 AM

Done deal.

Regards,
Andy
Old 09-28-2005, 11:33 AM

LMAO!!!!
Old 09-28-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are right that QQ is probably the only hand I would pay you off with here.

[/ QUOTE ]

but your range is higher here than qq and jj. you could have ajh or kjh. also, if the babe often follows thru on the turn with aq and ak then gives a free sd then you could have a10 or 88, 99.

you are saying you fold these to the river bet? cool. they are likely good folds against this type of player and i would likely do the same. pokerbabe mentions that she knows she only gets paid off by the qq here.

so my question is, hey babe, why the hell dont you bluff the riv with ak and aq?

you have cultivated this image for so long now, its time to start stealing a few pots here and there.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:18 PM

Hey Robyn,
fwiw, on the internet it's a bet. in most rl situations, it's a bet. for certain players, given their local knowledge and real life reads, it's a check. I think that's what a lot of posters are missing.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3). If he can beat a 10 with an overpair less than KK that means he has exactly two holdings and they are JJ and QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 6 combos of QQ and 3 combos of JJ he can have. Are you assuming he's going to be folding QQ >50% of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

you make a very important point and its unfortunate it got lost in the thread. its also surprising no one else has mentioned this.

to go further, if she is paying off the cr its a breakeven scenario. if she can fold its an easy value bet.

babe says: [ QUOTE ]
5). By checking the river I get to see if my read was correct. And it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont you know your read is correct if you get checkraised or called? you put him on qq, if he calls your read is correct and you make 6 bets. you put him on jj and he checkraises and you fold and lose 3 bets.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:00 PM

Babe, I assume that you saved $120 if he had JJ because you would have called a checkraise, no?

That said, your saving $60 or $120 here by checking in spots such as these is probably costing you a lot more than that on other occasions where your hand is good.

You should have bet the river.