Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 09:19 AM

Default Negreanu strikes again!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind that even if Daniel is putting up all the money he is actually getting laid an indirect price because of the Wynn factor. So it is right for him to play if the game is even or if he is a slight dog. Not so for his challengers. They either have to be a definite favorite or get a moderate spot to have the same type of good bet that Daniel gets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, let's just crush that last string of excuses once and for all: I'll play at YOUR house, YOU can deal, and you don't even have to worry about supplying refreshments! I'll bring my own bottled water and I'll eat before I get there.

Scrounge up $100,000 and we'll play Stud 8 or better... dude, you can even deal the whole match! Daveyboy... you might be biting off a little more than you can chew, no? Oh and again... you got your 10% back.

I'm certainly not bluffing, are you? Thought so...

Daniel Negreanu

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-20-2005, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Negreanu strikes again!!!!

somebody sounds pissed!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2005, 09:33 AM

Repeating my reply on the other thread:

Weird post. Almost sounds like Daniel thought I was implying I might get cheated at the Wynn. Of course The Wynn Factor I was speaking about was that bringing business to the Wynn was worth something in itself. Else why make an offer where he himself admits opens him up to matches where he is at least a slight underdog.

Anyway it sounds like he thinks he would easily win more than the required 53% of the time. It also seems he hasn't read what I said I would play. Which among other things is taking a 20% rebate on $50,000. I will play that at the Wynn as long as there is no media.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Repeating my reply on the other thread:

Weird post. Almost sounds like Daniel thought I was implying I might get cheated at the Wynn. Of course The Wynn Factor I was speaking about was that bringing business to the Wynn was worth something in itself. Else why make an offer where he himself admits opens him up to matches where he is at least a slight underdog.

Anyway it sounds like he thinks he would easily win more than the required 53% of the time. It also seems he hasn't read what I said I would play. Which among other things is taking a 20% rebate on $50,000. I will play that at the Wynn as long as there is no media.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, i figure he thought that you didn't want to induce any plubicity by playing at the wynn's so he offered to play at your house.
my house's available if you two are interested. i'll provide as many water bottles, tofu, amber rock beer, and kfc buckets as necessary. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2005, 09:47 AM

"I'm certainly not bluffing, are you? Thought so...

Daniel Negreanu

Bluffing about what? I'll take 10 to 9, 23.5 to 20 or 50-40. Just like I always said. Notice that playing for the stakes I usually do, I am not asking for more than the original ten percent offer.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:53 AM

Is Wynn backing any of these bets to drum up publicity? I know he is getting paid as a "spokesman", but is he getting covered partially here?
Old 05-20-2005, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Wynn backing any of these bets to drum up publicity? I know he is getting paid as a "spokesman", but is he getting covered partially here?

[/ QUOTE ]

money's 100% from daniel's pocket. quote the man himself.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:04 AM

Wait...will there be media coverage at Sklansky's house if they hold it there?
Old 05-20-2005, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus I wish you people would stop making new threads about this so questions that have already been discussed wouldn't get asked in each new thread...

What's wrong with *1* DN vs. DS soap opera thread??
Old 05-20-2005, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind that even if Daniel is putting up all the money he is actually getting laid an indirect price because of the Wynn factor. So it is right for him to play if the game is even or if he is a slight dog. Not so for his challengers. They either have to be a definite favorite or get a moderate spot to have the same type of good bet that Daniel gets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, let's just crush that last string of excuses once and for all: I'll play at YOUR house, YOU can deal, and you don't even have to worry about supplying refreshments! I'll bring my own bottled water and I'll eat before I get there.

Scrounge up $100,000 and we'll play Stud 8 or better... dude, you can even deal the whole match! Daveyboy... you might be biting off a little more than you can chew, no? Oh and again... you got your 10% back.

I'm certainly not bluffing, are you? Thought so...

Daniel Negreanu

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DS got smoked bad here...its a shame