Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 10:23 PM

Default How bad do I play?

In case you haven't ever played a game that I'm in, I've been known to be a little aggressive. According to PT my aggression factor is upwards near 4, right around 3.8ish.

Party Poker 100/200 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $100.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.
River: (11.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero ?.

~stephen
Old 10-06-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: How bad do I play?

I think it's a call. With 11.25BB, you need to be right 1 out ~9 times. Without a read, it's hard to tell what UTG+1 is raising with. He could have raised with JJ, put you on AK with the re-raise and thought you missed the flop. We could also be looking at trips. Then again, if he's real loose, could he raise with QJs or KQs? We could also be looking at AQ or a split with AK. I think with all those possibilities, a call is in order.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:56 PM

Well you're not folding...

But what the heck can he have? His flop and turn c/r are weird. It sort of looks like TT or QQ, but could be KQ. If he has a set he probably could have gotten in a trifecta. Just call.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:58 PM

Seems like TT or KQ although I don't see why KQ would bet that river. Unless you think he'll fold a set to a raise, I'd call the river. Hard to put him on a hand with a J, except for maybe KJ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Old 10-06-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like TT or KQ although I don't see why KQ would bet that river. Unless you think he'll fold a set to a raise, I'd call the river. Hard to put him on a hand with a J, except for maybe KJ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed except he can also have AJs or AKs. I'd order him TT, AJs, KQ, AKs in that order.
-James
Old 10-06-2005, 11:32 PM

I think you can safely rule out kq. Pretty weird to not cap the turn, but then bet when like the worst card in the deck comes. I dont think you can rule out 2 jacks either. Or the KJ spades. I would say KJ spades.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can safely rule out kq. Pretty weird to not cap the turn, but then bet when like the worst card in the deck comes. I dont think you can rule out 2 jacks either. Or the KJ spades. I would say KJ spades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think I misread the action a little bit there.
KQ does seem impossible.
-James
Old 10-07-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In case you haven't ever played a game that I'm in, I've been known to be a little aggressive. According to PT my aggression factor is upwards near 4, right around 3.8ish.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you compute your aggression factor? I cannot find it on PT, which I recently obtained. Thanks, Ken
Old 10-07-2005, 01:27 AM

I just might get flamed for this but you're losing this hand and you know it. You dont beat any of the sets you can't beat a J your lucky to be able to beat two pair. He is sucking bets out of you faster then a hoover (which is a vacuum if you don't know).

That being what it is you call just in case however he is certainly not scared of a showdown and would prefer you to raise. In fact he has been trying to get as many bets in as possible on every street. (calling your 3 bet pf does not count). [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 01:42 AM

Why is TT most likely? I'd expect TT to cap the turn, but if he's not capping the turn with TT then is he really betting it on the river into an extremely aggressive opponent? That doesn't make sense to me. Then again, I can't think of any two cards here that villain could hold that would make his play correct. Seems like KJ (mebbe spades) would most often lead after catching a K, and instead would only go for the c/r if they hit a bigger hand.