Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Oy.... I\'m going to get so pwned for this... Costa Rica Questions

Theres a few sites u cant play at if u have a CR ip only one i can remember is pokerroom. The only big sites down here are Stars and paradise and absolute, and u can play at all of them even with a CR ip . You should download all the sites you want to play at and create accounts before coming here as some will not let u register with a CR address.

Theres 2 options for high speed internet ICE which is ADSL and AMNET which is cable. Amnet sucks ass and is very unstable , ICE adsl is decent but nothing like the dsl u are used to, its much slower but u can pay more for higher bandwith. Basic price is 28$ per month and will take a week at least to get installed if u have a phone line, if not u are looking at 20 days.

Live games are pretty crap theres only one place to play and
games are irregular anywhere from 50c/1$ nl he to 25/50nl he usually only 1 or 2 tables, nightly tourneys tho which get a decent turnout.

Rent is pretty cheap im paying 400$ for a 2 bedroom in an upscale neighborhood, and there is alot available. As a us or canadian citizen u must leave CR every 3 months for 72 hours before u can come back but i stayed for a year and never had a problem.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a us or canadian citizen u must leave CR every 3 months for 72 hours before u can come back but i stayed for a year and never had a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell?
Old 09-29-2005, 10:42 PM

Go to therx.com and check out their costa rica forum. Its a sportsbetting site, but they have offshore bookies posting there, you can get VERY VERY good info, useless to me, but you have to go there.