Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 08:29 PM

Default Re: best games are not longer on party

What about backgammon?
Old 06-19-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's not a game like chess where you can make a prefect move.Poker is a game of unknown iformation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you beat the game? If youre beating the game, how do you do it, I mean given the "unknown information"?

Wow, I was just thinking, if these so called "computer programmers" could make use of all that meaningless data in poker tracker to make the most mathematical and historically correct play, then we might be in trouble. But like the other guy posted, thats like 16 years away. Seems like just over 16 years ago or so, I was playing cassette tape games on my Commodore 64. This technology stuff sure moves slow.

Anyway, computers will never be as good at poker as human because you cant program that "instinct" or sixth sense us good players have. Like when we play a substandard hand because we can feel it hitting this time.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:59 PM

Ya, I guess my post about not really understanding bots was sorta true. Wasn't really thinking so much about their effect on draining LAGs as much as their probable inabilitiy to play against good players.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's not a game like chess where you can make a prefect move.Poker is a game of unknown iformation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you beat the game? If youre beating the game, how do you do it, I mean given the "unknown information"?

Wow, I was just thinking, if these so called "computer programmers" could make use of all that meaningless data in poker tracker to make the most mathematical and historically correct play, then we might be in trouble. But like the other guy posted, thats like 16 years away. Seems like just over 16 years ago or so, I was playing cassette tape games on my Commodore 64. This technology stuff sure moves slow.

Anyway, computers will never be as good at poker as human because you cant program that "instinct" or sixth sense us good players have. Like when we play a substandard hand because we can feel it hitting this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....I can "FEEL" that next card coming. Im sure that's what most good players do [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2005, 09:34 PM

Only humans can play ABC poker
Old 06-19-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But like the other guy posted, thats like 16 years away.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about backgammon?

[/ QUOTE ]

The top bots are expert level. Experts have changed the way they play because of what they have learned from bots. But it is still a game of complete information and probabilities.

I am not going to bluff a bot off a superior position with a double when it knows where all my checkers are. I am sure the potential to bluff a poker bot off a hand is slightly higher.

Ya this doesnt really prove anything, I just think that the element of uncertainty in poker is something AI is a long way off from mastering. Beating the donks right now, maybe. Beating competent players, not yet.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:13 PM

I can do the 'bot... you know that break dancing move... I think it's what makes me unbeatable when I play poker.... when I do it in live games it's even more effective....

Old 06-20-2005, 12:08 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

Anyway, computers will never be as good at poker as human because you cant program that "instinct" or sixth sense us good players have. Like when we play a substandard hand because we can feel it hitting this time. </font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

You're an oxymoran.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But like the other guy posted, thats like 16 years away.

[/ QUOTE ]LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure. What 16 years? Bots number is growing exponentially, faster that number of fish. There are already weaker programmable bots like WH beating low limits and there are cracks for stronger bots bots like PPA's Poki use for real money. I think in 1.5-2 years online poker will become not profitable for most of current winning LL players (will be impossible to make living off low limits), and higher games will also dry-up because of increased competition and broken food-chain from LL (bots will not change limits to lose their money to higher limit sharks).

I think the biggest problem is that bot writers are now working as community. This will shorten that numbers even more. Party missed the moment when it was possible to buy WH and close it or even do something more radical.