Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Neteller Accnt Hacked (continued) and Neteller Won\'t Refund

"I'm going to have to do some serious thinking about just leaving my money in Neteller. "

My thinking was done long ago. NT is outside the reach of US courts hence unreliable to serve my interests in a pinch.

You leave a four figure sum in NT and you're nuts (I would leave zero except that I would miss some bonii. I balance the potential loss aganst the bonii). You leave more than $1 in any bank account tied to ANY online mover of money and you're a bigger fool.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:10 PM

About 5 years ago, i got a trojan where someone planted a keylogger in my system. Luckily they made a fatal mistake and changed my email passowrd, so when i checked my mail the next morning my password didn't work. so i tried to login into my ebay account and of course couldn't, i did a search on ebay for my name and all of a sudden i was selling 1,000's of dollars of computer equipment. I ended up creating fake accouts on ebay nad was bidding 1,000's over their worth so i bought them all, so no one got screwed before ebay stopped them, boy that was difficult to get them involved, i suggest you chang passwords every few weeks to be a little safer
Old 06-07-2005, 08:21 PM

You believe a corrupt church in costa rica got some guy to defraud this guy's neteller account and you call me a moron?
Old 06-07-2005, 09:04 PM

Ever since the author posted the original thread I've been having some Chicken Little moments about the money I have in NT.

Can anyone suggest an alternative? I'm going to dump most of the NT holding back into my bank account, but in case I need that money rapidly and don't want to spring for InstaCash fees, I'll have to wait 4-6 business days before I can get at it.

Any suggestions are appreciated and my apologies for the thread larceny.

P.S. To the poster who asked the OP what he was upset about (aside from losing his money and all) -- damn, must take a lot to get you ruffled.
--Polly
Old 06-07-2005, 09:08 PM

Do you work for FirePay?

If so go [censored] yourself!

If not Sorry.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you work for FirePay?

If so go [censored] yourself!

If not Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't FirePay be subject to the same issues? Don't know -- just asking. Never read their T&C.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:08 AM

No one believes this sorta thing until it happens to them. I had a similar situation with Paypal... details aren't identical, but bottom line was their policy is basically "We won't help you, unless you convince us that you can do anything about it, which you probably can't." I don't use paypal anymore, but I've never had a problem with neteller.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:02 AM

Cored and kaboom, this mail is from neteller and has to do with the imminent European transfer, as you need a certain kind of accoutn to move big $ (i konw 600$ isnt big but in this instance it is)... you need ot be premium member and so forth to be able to have more than 1900$ on the account and so forth.. my guess is that kaboom already uped his membership so the transfer got thru but the mail was still sent as of old membership status... (or so neteller told me, as i had the same occur, even thou i m primium)...
Old 06-08-2005, 08:35 AM

I'm premium too. Neteller doesn't know why I got the email. All they could do was advise me to change my password.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:12 AM

If I were you, I would attack this from the banking side. Since Neteller support obviously sucks S.H.I.T I would contact my bank and tell them that an unauthorized transaction was allowed to go through. I would also tell them that you have filed a police report, and are getting absolutely no help from Neteller. You might want to wait until Neteller responds after you send them the afadavit, but if they continue to be indignant pricks about it, then that's the route I would go. Then after your bank takes the money back, maybe Neteller will get their sht together. gl