Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Negreanu strikes again!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind that even if Daniel is putting up all the money he is actually getting laid an indirect price because of the Wynn factor. So it is right for him to play if the game is even or if he is a slight dog. Not so for his challengers. They either have to be a definite favorite or get a moderate spot to have the same type of good bet that Daniel gets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, let's just crush that last string of excuses once and for all: I'll play at YOUR house, YOU can deal, and you don't even have to worry about supplying refreshments! I'll bring my own bottled water and I'll eat before I get there.

Scrounge up $100,000 and we'll play Stud 8 or better... dude, you can even deal the whole match! Daveyboy... you might be biting off a little more than you can chew, no? Oh and again... you got your 10% back.

I'm certainly not bluffing, are you? Thought so...

Daniel Negreanu

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa why is there so much animosity between the two. Daniel hardly seems like a guy who holds such a strong grudge. What's their history?
Old 05-20-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daveyboy... you might be biting off a little more than you can chew, no? Oh and again... you got your 10% back.

I'm certainly not bluffing, are you? Thought so...

Daniel Negreanu

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this come across to anyone else sounding like something you'd hear on a gradeschool playground? It can't even be construed as normal trash talking. I would think someone at this level of a profession would be above this.

My view of him as gone downhill more and more everytime I read something from him. Anyone else feel this way? Granted a big ego and a sure of yourself perception is vital with this game, but if you can't control it, I think people will eventually just lump you in the pile with other members of the brat pack.

Granted, winning friends and influencing people doesn't help playing winning poker, but it sure helps with endorsements. Just my opinion, wonder what other people think.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:11 PM

so you have no intention of accepting a potential offer from 2+2 posters to stake the balance of the bet you don't put in?
Old 05-20-2005, 12:14 PM

David,

This whole fiasco is making your look really small. If the general point of you posting on 2+2 is to promote the company and your own books, your doing a disservice to yourself. It's gotten to a point where you look like the guy who says he doesn't want to fight because it's against his religon.

It doesn't matter any more what you actually said or what you actually intended to say. While Nagreanu is out actually playing for $500,000, you look like you're trying to manipulate circumstances to avoid playing for 1/10th that.

Negreanu goaded you into this exchange. But, you shouldn't have allowed it. It should have been a simple matter for you to simply decline and move on. Mason did it. I don't kow why you couldn't.

All this negotiating about getting odds and playing for substantially less than anybody else who will play Negreanu can only hurt your reputation.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you have no intention of accepting a potential offer from 2+2 posters to stake the balance of the bet you don't put in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent question!

I already made my offer to partially stake David in another thread. I'm guessing there are others here who think this would be a good bet.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
David,

This whole fiasco is making your look really small. If the general point of you posting on 2+2 is to promote the company and your own books, your doing a disservice to yourself. It's gotten to a point where you look like the guy who says he doesn't want to fight because it's against his religon.

It doesn't matter any more what you actually said or what you actually intended to say. While Nagreanu is out actually playing for $500,000, you look like you're trying to manipulate circumstances to avoid playing for 1/10th that.

Negreanu goaded you into this exchange. But, you shouldn't have allowed it. It should have been a simple matter for you to simply decline and move on. Mason did it. I don't kow why you couldn't.

All this negotiating about getting odds and playing for substantially less than anybody else who will play Negreanu can only hurt your reputation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is completely the opposite. Mr. Sklansky writes books about playing winning poker. The fact that he's not that interested in playing heads up against someone in what can be considered not much more than a coinflip only bolsters what he tries to teach in his books and writings. Get in games in favorable situations, etc. DN is looking for publicity, he wins either way. Mr. Sklansky I believe tries to teach not to get caught up in situations where you can find something mroe +EV. DN needs big names to play against him. I think Mr. Sklansky just taking DN up on a thrown out offer, which is really close to a coinflip, goes against everything he tries to each people.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:26 PM

David, it's ok i wouldn't want to play him head up either he is the best player in the world right now, i wouldn't step in the ring with Mike Tyson even if i had a knife. Just admit he is a better player than you , no more excuses, no more negotiating for changes in the structure of a poker game that you have no intention of ever actually playing.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:40 PM

I am a 2+2er and all, but Dan just ripped DS a new [censored].
Old 05-20-2005, 12:43 PM

does daniel always talk like that? he sounds like a high school drop-out.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:47 PM

I'm finding it increasingly amusing how some people just won't accept DS doesn't want to start flipping coins for $100k-500k.