Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 04:34 PM

Default 30/60 High, calling with str8 to get overcalls

Here is an interesting hand I played against 2 good players where I thought I'd make more money by keeping in the 3rd player (felt like I was playing hi/low with this play). Maybe I should have raised somewhere along the line to protect against getting drawn out by a full house or maybe the guy with the open Js would have called a double raise on either 5th or 6th and I cost myself $120 by not raising?

7 Card Stud High ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (3.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls

6th Street - (9.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (12.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds

Total pot: (14.25 BB)
Old 11-15-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: 30/60 High, calling with str8 to get overcalls

I think I would reraise sixth, if they both have trips or two pair, I'd imagine your equity goes up quite a bit by getting one to fold. If he calls anyway, thats good as well.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would reraise sixth, if they both have trips or two pair, I'd imagine your equity goes up quite a bit by getting one to fold. If he calls anyway, thats good as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I like your range of starting hands. I wish I was good enough on later streets to make these playable!
Old 11-15-2005, 04:42 PM

I definitely reraise 5th. Punish two pair and trips and make them pay dearly to draw out. Game Friday?

Jeff
Old 11-15-2005, 05:36 PM

I can see the call on 5th

Once you hit the 3rd heart on 6th I think you should raise.

-You'll come off like you are trying to raise on a 4 flush
-By then the pot is big enough that if you don't mind not letting a 2 - pair draw

id raise 6th, keep em both calling on 5th, and when seat 1 bets again on 6th raise there ... you have 2 of his 4 (possibly 6) outs to a full house here, and seat 8 is looking to see a cheap 7th to fill up, and definetly isn't calling 7th with his weaker two pair

[ QUOTE ]
Game Friday?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes please

Mike? you in?
Old 11-15-2005, 11:24 PM

Fold 3rd.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean reraise 5th or raise 6th? I think that my equity might actually go down if they both have 2 pair and my raise gets one of them to fold, especially given that their pair cards are dead...I'll check it out on twodimes.net to see.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:12 AM

Default Reads and some thought questions...

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely reraise 5th. Punish two pair and trips and make them pay dearly to draw out. Game Friday?

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the range of hands, and how likely they are, you (or anyone) put the two opponents on on 5th and 6th? Why? What does it look like I have to my opponents? Why? What if the open Js just has a busted 3 flush with the Js, I want him in, right?