Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 10:11 PM

Default TT Flops Middle Set Line Check

MP3 is TAG at 23.87/13.79/3.17 after 2,719 hands.

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero ???.

MP3 seems to like his hand as much as I like mine. After the pre-flop and flop cap, it becomes quite clear when MP3 raises on the turn that he has a made hand.

I'm well ahead of AA and KK but far behind QQ. With 12 hands I'm ahead of and 3 I'm behind, should I have 3-bet/called on the turn? The river?
Old 11-26-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: TT Flops Middle Set Line Check

just call down after the turn raise. there may be more combos of AA/KK, but with that Q/T out, you can expect him to call them down after you lead the turn after he caps the flop.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:01 PM

3.17 AF? Seems pretty aggressive...therefore, I 3-bet/call the turn and check/call river if he caps.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:09 PM

I probably would check/call the river here. The reason I like this is that the same number of bets go in whether you are ahead or behind. If you 3 bet the turn, 4 bets go in when you are behind and only 3 when you're ahead. Similarly if you lead the river 2 bets likely go in when you're behind but only one when you're ahead.

Given the preflop and flop action I think you're looking at QQ way to often for 3 betting the turn, especially given what I wrote above.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:14 PM

I'm probably in a small minority on this, but I cap every street if he wants to. A higher set gets flopped against you so rarely that I feel like if it happens, then I"m just meant to lose a lot of money on that hand and I just shrug it off.

With an AF of 3.17, that's very high and to get an AF that high, that means you are pushing very hard w/ top pair type hands on a regular basis. He could easily be pushing you that hard w/ AQ. I push hard here.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably in a small minority on this, but I cap every street if he wants to. A higher set gets flopped against you so rarely that I feel like if it happens, then I"m just meant to lose a lot of money on that hand and I just shrug it off.

With an AF of 3.17, that's very high and to get an AF that high, that means you are pushing very hard w/ top pair type hands on a regular basis. He could easily be pushing you that hard w/ AQ. I push hard here.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often to worse hands with preflop action like that cap every street with you?

I 3 bet the turn and call down after that.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian may be aggressive but I would need a read of "big huge aggressive maniac retard" to cap every street here.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i do this very easily and happily.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian may be aggressive but I would need a read of "big huge aggressive maniac retard" to cap every street here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an area where I tend to struggle. I would cap every street and not worry about a better set. If Im wrong I drop a boatload of loot. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i do this very easily and happily.

[/ QUOTE ]