Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Is this collusion or just bad play?

Just played at a very frustrating table and got totally owned by the LAG on my right. I was sure that he was full of it a ton of times but the main problem was another LAG 2 to his left. I would get to the river with my OK but not great hand and the first LAG would bet, 2nd LAG always raised and I would have to fold. 1st LAG then folded as well and 2nd guy takes pot without showdown. Here is an example.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

River: (7.66 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 10.66 BB

Both players were bang on 70% VP$IP but the one to my right was by far the more aggressive. This same format of river betting happened 4 times with me and I had to fold 3 of them but 3 bet other one when just 1st LAG acually had a hand and called me, the raisor folded.

I saw one other player get this treatment and he was also a TAG on my left. He 3 bet and they both dropped.

It is only after leaving the table that I have given it some thought and wondered if I was getting deliberately done over? I would be a good candidate if they were trying it as of course I can put hands down where others at this limit do not.

Thoughts?