Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 03:28 AM

Default I\'m lucky to survive...but my read was right!

I have no idea what I did it and why I did it. Something in my gut was telling me to continue on with the hand and play it out. I think it was because of the reads I was getting on these people.

The table was pretty solid so there weren't many aggressive bluffs.

** Moscow [Hold 'em] (1.00|2.00 Fixed Limit - Cash Game) (6max)

** Dealing card to ItalianFX: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
peritonlogon folded
yga4u called - $1.00
Fugazi_0806 folded
jonnybgood39 called - $1.00
ItalianFX checked

** Dealing the flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
jonnybgood39 bet - $1.00
ItalianFX called - $1.00
yga4u raised - $2.00
jonnybgood39 raised - $3.00
ItalianFX called - $3.00
yga4u raised - $4.00
jonnybgood39 called - $4.00
ItalianFX called - $4.00

The fact that they were being so aggressive here, I was putting them on a small pair...also because they limped in preflop. I thought maybe one would be drawing to a flush, but I stayed in the hand because I felt my read was good.

** Dealing the turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
jonnybgood39 checked
ItalianFX checked
yga4u bet - $2.00
jonnybgood39 folded
ItalianFX called - $2.00

No heart to complete the flush sticking me in the hand some more. The aggressiveness died down here.

** Dealing the river: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
ItalianFX checked
yga4u checked

Again, no complete on the flush; therefore, I felt alot better. I checked knowing I would call down a bet, but I figure I would check, let the final player make the bet so that I wouldn't get raised.

Results are here just to show HOW I survived:
<font color="white"> yga4u shows: 10c, 9c
ItalianFX shows: 9s, 10s </font>

This hand was sick, I know I was totally wrong, and I was lucky to survive.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:12 AM

Default Re: I\'m lucky to survive...but my read was right!

[ QUOTE ]
The table was pretty solid so there weren't many aggressive bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that they were being so aggressive here, I was putting them on a small pair...also because they limped in preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
What? This makes no sense. The only way someone would jam a flush draw on the flop is if they had something else to go along with it (like a pair, or a straight draw). The pair would be deuces and the only straight draws are from some cheesy ass cards, so if he's jamming hard on the flop in a 3-way pot he probably has something.

Pre-flop: Woo yay.

Flop: You need to raise that initial bet something fierce. You have a vulnerable TPMK, so you need to raise for value/protection/cheese. Why the hell, given your read, would you call two bets back? Given that, the rest of the hand would play differently from there.

With that said you need to bet the turn and river too, after the flop raise. If you get raised, play poker.

-K
Old 12-13-2005, 10:04 AM

On the flop you can't just group both villians together and say they have small pairs. When the SB leads out the first time, yes, that could be a small pair, as well as just about anything else. Your hand is strong when he bets, so RAISE him, and hopefully you can force out your other opponent. You should be thinking at this point that you have the best hand, and need to play agressively. Once you just call, and your opponent raises, you have to start to think that he either has a medium pair, high pair, or possibly better. When SB 3-bets the flop, that is really a sign of strength, and you can no longer think he just has a low pair. He probably has you beat. You have put yourself in a position where the pot is just to big though, so you have to call. When the limper caps, again, that is some real strength, but you have to call the extra bet.

On the turn, you say "the agressiveness died down", but this is simply not true. The SB checks, which probably means he is a bit scrared, but that is because he got CAPPED on the flop. The flop capper BETS, which is continuing his agression. I probably just call down from this point, because as you have seen, people can get really agressive with small holdings. Folding to a river bet may not be awful though, as I would think that if he bet the river, you are often behind.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:07 PM

raise the flop, use a better converter, don't be results oriented.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:39 PM

Raise the flop.The way you played it, im folding flop. No reads.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise the flop, use a better converter, don't be results oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]