Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 01:41 PM

Default 50NL, turned a FH, heavy 3 way action on river

no reads on either opponent, sat down 15 minutes ago.
9 handed, MP posted BB as he just sat down

hero BB with 55(50)
SB (28)
MP (50)
EP1 (55)
preflop: EP1 calls .50, fold, fold, MP checks, all fold, SB calls, hero checks in BB with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
pot ($2)
flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets $1, BB raises to $3, EP1 folds, MP calls 3$, SB calls $2

pot ($11)

turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

SB checks, hero bets $3, MP calls $3, SB calls $3

pot ($20)

river: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])

SB bets $6, hero raises to $22, MP calls all in, SB calls all in, hero calls all in.
final pot: ($125)

how was my line on this hand? I would like opinions on my flop raise, and my 1/4 pot sized bet on the turn. Opinions on the rest of the line are appreciated as well.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: 50NL, turned a FH, heavy 3 way action on river

i dont understand what this turn play is suppose today except give worse hands the odds to call and bust you. If you to take the chance of giving them a free card (becuase thats basically what your doing with the 1/4 bet) then CR them and make there call incorrect. This line will only cost you money in the future.

FYI: Only underbet pot against super LAG's who you have stats on other wise theres no point.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:49 PM

Either check turn to induce bluffs by MP or SB(on river) or bet atleast half pot... unless you know the players raise weak bets when scarecards fall(seems you don't).
I would probably bet 2/3 or pot on turn and try to get it allin on the river
Old 11-18-2005, 01:50 PM

I think you shouldve hit the turn for at least $6, probably a little more, I wouldn't pot it though. River is an easy call for me.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:51 PM

what hands have a chance to bust me that I would be giving odds to call on the turn?
Old 11-18-2005, 01:59 PM

6X
Old 11-18-2005, 02:02 PM

so i am worried about giving odds to a select few hands drawing against me, and you want me to bet big enough to scare away hands that are drawing dead? i don't understand that logic
Old 11-18-2005, 02:12 PM

Turn bet is fine. I am not making it more than $5 here. I wouldn’t be too worried about giving someone good odds to bust me with a higher full because it is highly unlikely someone has a 6 given the action. Additionally, if someone has a 6, they will probably reraise the ¼ pot turn bet anyways. The only card that would really bother me on the river is a K obviously. Checking the turn or check raising is definitely suboptimal IMO.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:18 PM

Bet more on the turn, not because you're worried about protecting your hand, but because people will call not realizing that they're drawing to 4 outs.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:25 PM

so would a 2/3 sized bet be a better line to take?