Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 12:15 PM

Default HULA ML week 6?

Isn't it time that we get started?
Old 09-20-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: HULA ML week 6?

Yeah seriously, can we start so team goofball can get its 5th win in a row already [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2005, 06:07 PM

I think the problem at this point is that both of the commissioners (myself and Witeknite) both are busy and probably just figured out after last week that we are out of the running for any money. Honestly, this removed some of the motivation for keeping everything running.

Let me see if I can look around in an old thread and find the schedule and get it up so we can do week 6.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:06 AM

I don't know about other players involved in this, but I didn't play here for the money, or prestige that I might win. I played for the experience. And so far, I've got it, I played about 1000 hands of headsup poker against a thinking opponent, who hopefully gave me credit for being a thinking opponent. Even though the stakes weren't that meaningful, a few of big bets over the course of a couple of months, the competition was. That is a lot more experience than I had before.

For what it is worth, over the last couple of weeks, I've had games go shorthanded several times, and instead of letting the game go, I decided to play. Each of the four times my opponent decided to stick around and play heads up they managed to leave the table with no chips.

Previously, I didn't have an approach to headsup games, but the experience that I got from this, has given me an approach, and confidence to use it. That is what I was playing for, and fortunately for me, that is what I got out of this.

I want to play my sixth match. The competitive side of me, wants to even my personal record. And on the other side, I want to play some more against another tough opponent to try and figure out how to handle that player, and hopefully learn something.

Good luck,
have fun,
play well,

Bob T.