Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Party VIP offers - November

I'm wondering, for those of you who did get phone calls, with offers, do you recall what the phone # was? I sent an e-mail to bonus@partypoker.com a few weeks ago and never received a reply (of course), but starting last week, I have received a few calls on my cell phone from an area code I do not recognize, so I haven't been picking it up, and they haven't left a voicemail. With everyone receiving calls now, I'm wondering if this may be them.

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:46 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
By the way, I have also been told that "once the PartyPoker.com VIP Club is fully operational" all offers will be made referring to Player points, not raked hands. Makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also just noticed this for the first time: On the Player's Club page that there are 3 levels of membership: blue, silver and gold. All players start in the blue category. When they get to 15,000 points, they move to the silver category (and accumulate new points at 1.5 times the rate of the blue category). When they get to 50,000 points, they move to the gold category (and accumulate new points at twice the rate of the blue category).

If they continue to use this system with the current offers for raked hands over the phone, then it looks like we would be getting about 25% rakeback once we hit the gold category.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it would be for bonus points, only normal earned points.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:16 PM

You need to send the e-mail to VIP@partypoker.com
Old 10-26-2005, 03:11 PM

It's a 206 area code, and they don't leave messages and you can't call them.

They called me three times before I realized it might be party and picked up.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:22 PM

I'm trying to wrap my head around these big bonuses and how they impact rakeback.

Let's say I play 22,000 hands in a month. If I receive 20% rakeback I'd simply get my MGR x .2.

However, Party now offers me $700 for 18,000 raked hands (by my math around 22,000 total hands at $10/20 6max). How is my rakeback impacted?

(BTW, the above is my actual offer.)

EDIT: So basically, is it ever not worth it to take a bonus? This stuff confuses me.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:33 PM

how do you calculate how many cents per hand you got from rakeback on the skins, let's say 27%. I want to be able to compare the offer i'm getting with my old rakeback when party calls.

Thanks,
Per
Old 10-26-2005, 07:58 PM

Take your last months stats. Divide how much rakeback you received by how many hands you played.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you calculate how many cents per hand you got from rakeback on the skins, let's say 27%. I want to be able to compare the offer i'm getting with my old rakeback when party calls.

Thanks,
Per

[/ QUOTE ]
There are plenty of rakeback calculators online that provide estimates based on the limit you play and number of hands. Google "rakeback calculator" and you'll find several.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:12 PM

Yep, that's the one. I finally picked it up today and was given a whopping $50 for 5000 raked hands. I haven't played anything there except for maybe the occasional 2-table tourney and various freeroll multis in the last 3-4 months, though, so my play there is minimal. She claims the offer is re-evaluated each month, so maybe I'll give it a shot and see what comes my way next month.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:00 PM

WTF?!? Is Party sucking all of your dicks? I am very surprised by the replies in this thread. You guys are getting hosed! What used to be $100 for 500 hands has turned into $150 for 15,000 raked hands and nobody is disappointed? Am I missing something? You guys seem way to happy about getting this shitty deal.