Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 10:47 PM

Default 10/20 party

We are playing 4 handed. I'm in mid position and villain is on the button. Villain has $1500 and I have him covered. He is extremely aggressive, but usually slows down after the flop when he misses. He also doesn't like folding top pair. He raises to 70, I call with 78 offsuit. Flop is 10 9 4 rainbow. He bets the pot, I call. Turn is a blank, he pots it again, and I pump it all in. What do you think of this play? He calls with K 10, river is a Jack and I take down the pot with my straight. Should I have played this differently?
Old 10-01-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Re: 10/20 party

fold turn

You explained entirely in your post his exact actions and what they mean. "He slows down after flop if he doesn't like his hand"...he likes his hand; "He doesn't like to fold TP"....he probably has TP or better and won't fold; Calling here is bad, since you are getting bad odds to draw

edit: forgot to say, don't post resultzzzzz
Old 10-01-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He is extremely aggressive, but usually slows down after the flop when he misses.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
He also doesn't like folding top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

so when he fires again on the turn you decide to try to semibluff him here when you say he won't fold his made hands? doesn't make sense.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:55 PM

Against better players with slightly deeper stacks this would be a good play, especially if you've pulled this move before with a set.
The villain here from your description, probably has at least a Ten on the turn, if he's potting it twice. If he's call happy, the stacks aren't deep enough to get him off TP on such a dry board.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:57 PM

youre too short to pull this BS. prob need to let it go on turn like others have said.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:27 AM

Stop whining like a little bitch. You were betting/raising every hand preflop, potting every street, but then laying down when someone check-raised/raised your ass. I was making a move given my tight image and your over aggro image, I thought you would respect it and lay down whatever you had (maybe even tptk). Sucks you happened to have a hand this time, I'm sure it was one of the rare occasions. I stayed at the table with the other 2, if you wanted to get your money back you could have reloaded rather than whining, crying and then leaving.

fyi, I didn't notice you slow down on the turn either, if I would have had that perception I wouldn't have check-raised all in.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:34 AM

wait so he posted this hand because he was actually holding K 10, and it was AZK who won the pot?

lol
Old 10-02-2005, 12:49 AM

I wouldn't of replied at all... Rather I would just take what I learned from this tread and find out what table he was sitting on.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:51 AM

his name is the same name, it's not hard to figure out.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:04 AM

pushing $1300 on a draw to win $300 against a guy who doesnt like to fold?

you tell me: do you think that's a good idea?