Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Re: A question of theft...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stealing blinds almost never works at the 6max tables I play. I only raise in late position for value, or against a tight weak player who might actually fold. But then, the chance of the player to my left being tight weak is pretty low.

[/ QUOTE ]

You lose money at 6max.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I win money. Average vp$ip at the tables I play at is 50%. These people will not fold.

Of course I still open raise in late position, but only if my hand is playable, since I'll be playing that hand against at least one if not both the blinds.

I just checked my pokertracker stats for the last 1000 hands at 1/2 6max. There were 3 times when a raise from late position(CO, button, small blind) resulted in my winning without seeing the flop. My preflop raise percentage at 6max is about 15%.

Interestingly enough (to me), there were actually more times when one of my early position raises resulted in winning without seeing the flop. I assume this is because these 6max tables, full of loose aggressives, have a "Oh no you DIDN'T" reaction when you raise from the button or small blind, and they call with their 82offsuit.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:59 PM

And before anyone says, "No you dork, you're supposed to put the loose aggressives on your right!":

This doesn't really work. Maybe half the players at the table are loose aggressive, and players pop in and out of the table every 5 minutes. Trying to find the perfect seat with the tight players on your left, loose and aggressives on your right, would be a huge waste of time. Within 10 minutes 2 of the 5 opponents will be gone anyway, replaced with 2 others.

They pop in and out so much that my table selection efforts are all just going for high vpip.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:15 PM

full ring i fold all. 6 max i think the q high is close but that jacksix and tentrey are trash at least with a half-blind structure.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:48 AM

i've done it before w/ 72o, but i was drunk and it didn't work.