Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 07:33 PM

Default results

Villain showed JJ and MHING. It got me thinking about what her range is when she 3-bets this pf 3-way and then raises the flop. There doesn't seem to be much point in raising the flop unless she's on a vulnerable pair since she's much more likely to dominate UTG than the opposite -- it's possible she's reverse dominated, but she's very unlikely to have been dominated pf unless UTG likes to get tricky with monsters. It's also pretty obvious what I'm on.

I thought big pairs were most likely for Villain, though slightly less so than usual due to the short stack. She wasn't all that aggressive post flop, and 16% isn't hugely aggressive pf either.

I wasn't that worried about giving a free card on the turn, but I probably should have donked it since to prevent the slim chance of Villain checking through and leaving me with a situation where I only get more bets when I'm behind. Villain might have been in the process of rebuying for all I know. Even if I think it's fairly likely that I'm behind I need to get my money in now rather than relying on Villain to play the same way regardless -- it wouldn't be the first time I've seen someone fold a hand pre-showdown rather than giving up their last BB or two.

I appreciate the input. I've been having issues finding an appropriate level of aggression and focusing it correctly. Oh well. Something to work on.