Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 09:19 PM

Default I hate every minute of this

Canterbury 30/60 (9 handed)
Bicyclekick opens to my immediate right in MP, I 3-bet with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], folds to a tight-regular who 4-bets, blinds scram, BK and I call.

Flop 3-ways: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BK checks, I bet, TR calls, BK calls.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BK checks, I bet, TR raises, BK folds, I........
Old 08-20-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: I hate every minute of this

Hi Bob,

I don't like folding in this big pot when you surely have plenty of outs if behind. I don't like 3-betting as your opponent has claimed substantial strength and is well behind anyways if he doesn't have it. Therefore, I call.

On the river, I may donkbet, as he'll probably call with more hands than he'll bet.

-Eric
Old 08-21-2005, 01:29 PM

Call if a J comes check raise if not check call. I think your ok here to see the river
Old 08-20-2005, 09:31 PM

Call, lead out on the river, call a raise. You're behind AK, AQ, and QQ realistically here. I think QQ plays this similarly, but I dunno if I could fold this. I feel like betting the river is correct here because you don't want to lose a bet when you're ahead. Villain could have KK and wants a free showdown. I'd like to see the results of this
Old 08-20-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call, lead out on the river, call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way too much action. The only hand you beat is KK, but he won't always raise the turn w/ KK, nor will he always call the river bet w/ KK.

Best line is to call the turn and check-fold the river unimproved. Bet the river if you improve.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:42 AM

Folding the river after calling the turn is horrible, simply horrible. Whats hero drawing behind to here? AQ has us drawing to two outs for half (can't call correctly), AK has a drawing to 3 outs for all of it, and 6 for 1/2 (thats a call on its own, but combined with the possibility of being against AQ...danger).

I think this hand, like all the others that get posted on here, depends way too much on the villian. How tight are we talking? Will he cold/cap with KQ of diamonds? If that hand is in his range, showing this down certainly gaines a lot of merit. Does he has to have AA, KK, QQ, or AK to cold cap. If thats the case I think the turn is a close call, but after doing so the pot is so big you almost have to call the one river bet. Is villian capable of a free showdown raise w/ KK, trying to define/remove BK's hand from the equation? Way to many unknowns to default to a river fold for one bet in a big pot. I'll never understand how that has become popular strategy.

lf
Old 08-20-2005, 09:41 PM

call & check fold river
Old 08-20-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call & check fold river

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty close to right on (obviously if you boat up you bet out).

But I think I check-call the river. If it's a leak it's not my biggest one!
Old 08-21-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call & check fold river

[/ QUOTE ]

Upon further reflection, I think this is reasonable and probably best. Part of my motivation for calling the turn is the possibility that we are up against KK, but if you believe that this guy would never value bet this hand, and live this certainly seems reasonable, then check-folding the river looks good. If he has KK, you show your A and he pats himself on the back for not spewing that last bet, as of course you never would fold trips... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Eric
Old 08-20-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Let\'s make this even worse.....

Canterbury 30/60 (9 handed)
Bicyclekick opens to my immediate right in MP, I 3-bet with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], folds to a tight-regular who 4-bets, blinds scram, BK and I call.

Flop 3-ways: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BK checks, I bet, TR calls, BK calls.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BK checks, I bet, TR raises, BK folds, I call.

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I...open fold?