Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 02:33 AM

Default Preflop situation against 2 maniacs

Button and SB are maniacs.

Button 76/67

SB 66/28

BB is LP and will coldcall with any random hand (especially on the button).

No reads on the other player

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero?

Here is my situation: Button and SB are maniacs. I realize they probabaly have weak hand. But still, is A6s a big enough hand to call 2 cold here? Keep i mind, I was also almost certain that the Button would re-raise, meaning I would have to put in 3 bets to see this flop. . The advantage is that they played TERRIBLE and I would have an edge in this potentially HUGE pot.

SO, am I wrong for wanting to play this? Is this a case of me taking their reads as manics too far or is this standard/accepted?

Thoughts?
Old 08-07-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Preflop situation against 2 maniacs

[ QUOTE ]
Button and SB are maniacs.

Button 76/67

SB 66/28

BB is LP and will coldcall with any random hand (especially on the button).

No reads on the other player

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero?

Here is my situation: Button and SB are maniacs. I realize they probabaly have weak hand. But still, is A6s a big enough hand to call 2 cold here? Keep i mind, I was also almost certain that the Button would re-raise, meaning I would have to put in 3 bets to see this flop. . The advantage is that they played TERRIBLE and I would have an edge in this potentially HUGE pot.

SO, am I wrong for wanting to play this? Is this a case of me taking their reads as manics too far or is this standard/accepted?

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're playing with maniacs, don't limp a hand that you're not willing to play for 3 or 4 bets. A6s is strong enough if you don't spew postflop because you'll get tons of postflop action in a huge 5-way pot. If they're going to cap every street, don't see the turn unless you've got something worth while (ie no loose flop calls).
Old 08-07-2005, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Preflop situation against 2 maniacs

IMHO, yes you took it too far this time. I mean four players have folded and even though you're facing random hands this really isn't the ideal spot to play this hand. It's true that you're looking at a big pot but the price you have to pay is quite high. You'll probably find yourself calling to the river regardless of your hand. I don't know the probabilities of you hitting a hand on the flop but I think 13-to-2 is enough to call here [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
But I think you should have folded this hand in the first place. BTW, a new table would also be nice. It looks like you're not the only one who knows who the maniacs are at this table. I believe it's quite rare to find a 0.50/1 table where 4 out of first 5 players fold preflop [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]