Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 08:33 AM

Default QQ hand, criticism wanted

Just sat down, no reads.

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

River: (19 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Mainly I'm curious about betting right out on this flop: correct? I figured since the only aggressor was in the BB and not in LP I couldn't force the field to call 2 cold if I C/Red. I'm unsure if this is correct thinking.

I checked the river hoping to to save a bet if a flush was out. Should I be value betting here?

Thanks.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:45 AM

Default Re: QQ hand, criticism wanted

Looks like the button slowplayed AK preflop and then overplayed it on the flop. That was just a first gut impression.

I think the river check was OK. The flush card dropped and you had two opponents still to act. Betting out here could lead to unpleasant folding consequences.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:47 AM

With two to act, I like the check/call line. If you had position on even just one player, I'd value bet.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:48 AM

I don't know if I would have 3-bet on the flop, after the button raised. He didn't raise PF, no stealing the blind, nothing great in his hand, but he called, he could have a low pair, maybe something suited. A read on him would be good.

But he did raise on the flop, which would lead me to believe, since there are 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the flop, that he's trying to keep people from sucking out a flush to his trips. Which I would think are 3's. As he should have raised 8's and T's PF.

But, then I see he didn't raise on the turn, so there goes my theory. At this point I'm thinking, this guy isn't too swift and that I have no idea what he was doing raising on the flop.

I don't know about the river. Seeing as how they backed down now, after raising the flop, it's crap shoot trying to figure out what they were going for. I think a check is good, or you can bet, and see how they respond. If they raise, just fold. There again, a read on these two would be good for places like this.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:48 AM

I checked the river hoping to to save a bet if a flush was out. Should I be value betting here?

FWIW

I agree with your reasoning on leading the flop. I can't give you any equity numbers on your river play but I would bet the river. I'm not sure if this line of thinking is correct but I feel you would have the best hand at least 60% of the time that you would probably need to make the river bet. THis is assuming you will get at least 1 caller and I suspect you will get 2.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:20 AM

well i'm still learning, so we'll see if a more experienced person comes to comment, but...

i think you played the hand great. i put the BB on PP, overcards, or anything suited with a high card. without a read on Button, it's hard to say. if he's the kind that would bet on the flush draw or not. let's say "no", so i'd put him on 1 pair.

i agree betting into a draw is right as well as betting the turn. i'd check the river too, but that's because my luck seems to run someone hit the flush [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

but if someone did hit, it only costs you 1 bet while raising would gain you minimum 2 (because BB and Button have followed this far, they'll call), why not raise?
Old 02-25-2005, 11:24 AM

I probably would've bet the river. The rest of the hand looks fine to me.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely would have bet the river. The rest of the hand looks fine to me.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's with the new avatar Rob?
Old 02-25-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]