Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Poker dreams

yeah i dream about poker a lot.. had a horrible dream about my boat getting taken out by quads..

woke up very happy knowing it was only a dream
Old 11-23-2005, 11:32 PM

im sure many poker players dream about the game, me included. however i have no problem getting good sleep. you should try and unwind after playing. read a book and not one about poker!! this is an interesting topic. i wonder how many players have similiar problems.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:44 AM

Last night I dreamed I was playing against Phil Hellmuth at a table sitting out on the beach.

He later morphed into Bill Filmaff and started talking trash to me. Weirdest dream ever.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:46 PM

Their's a theory in pychology that people can overcome phobias threw dream analisis. I.E., if they fear public speaking, if the dream that there giving a speech and everything go great, and everyone cheers for them, then they will be a lil less fearful of it when they wake up.

So applying that to poker, if you can alucid dream that like "no one can read me" or something, it might actually improve your live play. it might help get rid of the old "i think they knew im bluffing, im giving it away" troubled thoughts of live play...strange eh?
Old 11-27-2005, 12:02 AM

A few nights ago I had this nightmare where I held Q6 on a Q-10-rag board and for some reason I couldn't get myself to fold. Scary dream indeed.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:22 PM

a couple times i've dreamt that I played against phil ivey and danny negreanu and that danny negreanu was trying to con his way into stealing a pot. i got pissed off and was ready to fight him.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:37 PM

I dream about it almost every night. Usually I am deciding if I should make an all in call that will leave my stack crippled even though i have 18 outs to go from the flop. Sometimes its deciding to lay a big hand down preflop. It's usualy that I am dreaming about an aspect of the game I want to improve on...

I never wake up richer [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 03:25 PM

I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one with poker dreams. It was embarassing to admit.

Was just mentioning this one to a fellow poster: Dreamt of hitting the super bad beat jackpot at Commerce ($100,000) with pocket deuces. Starting jumping up and down hollering until I realized that the board had TWO 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s. Woke up screaming!
Old 11-28-2005, 04:19 PM

After a long session when I was first learning short handed play, I had a dream that I raised 38o UTG. I woke up immediately and was very startled, similar to how you wake up after having a nightmare. I found it pretty humorous when I looked back at it the next day.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:50 PM

I have them a few times a week. It used to bother me, but now I've decided to treat the dreams as real and play accordingly in the dream.

Now that's a meta-game, baby!