Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 05:51 AM

Default ($22) AK gets minraised preflop by Lagg big stack

Reads: reraiser has been very active preflop, reraising somewhat often. Didn't see how he built his stack as I was playing 2 bubbles on other tables at the time (just getting used to multi-tabling & getting good reads).

$20+$2 (real money), hand #1,599,135,816
Cypress Single Table Tournament, 17 Dec 2005 01:59 AM
View Previous hand for this table.
Seat 1: brentblack83 ($860 in chips)
Seat 3: mrjcold ($1,955 in chips)
Seat 4: notindie ($2,110 in chips)
Seat 5: hero A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1,285 in chips)
Seat 6: PeterL_8 ($2,730 in chips)
Seat 7: charhan ($2,970 in chips)
Seat 8: Otothetoe ($1,200 in chips)
Seat 10: no1_striker ($1,890 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
Otothetoe posts blind ($25), no1_striker posts blind ($50).
PRE-FLOP
brentblack83 folds, mrjcold folds, notindie calls $50, hero bets $150, PeterL_8 bets $250, charhan folds, Otothetoe folds, no1_striker folds, notindie folds, hero calls $100.
FLOP (625) [board cards 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
hero ....
Old 12-17-2005, 05:57 AM

Default Re: ($22) AK gets minraised preflop by Lagg big stack

You don't have the lead anymore and you don't have position. I certainly would not try to take a stab at this pot. It's a big pot but I don't think you can successfully take it...he probably has a PP or AK, both of which he's calling with a lot of the time, so you're at best looking to chop. I would hope that it gets checked down, but that's very unlikely, so I think you should just c/f the flop because he probably has you beat.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:32 AM

The reraiser reraises somewhat often. That means he could have an ace with a worse kicker or even Kx (KQs for example..). How about going all-in preflop?
Old 12-17-2005, 03:20 PM

I think going allin preflop might have been better as well. However, something about the blinds being only 25/50, and the table busting out left and right, made me wary to race against someone who I felt would call with 4s at this early stage. If the blinds were at the next level, I would have no problem with a push.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:29 PM

I push this preflop because if you miss you don't have the lead and don't know where you are in the hand