FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Help my kids school!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The link to vote is Here

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We are at 38th. Spend a few minutes voting. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

WE HAVE MADE IT TO 35!!!!!!! this rocks. We are also #1 on this very short day. Just checked in on team Greystone. They seem to be up and commers at 32. We will destroy them.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:48 AM

just did 100 in 13 minutes.
who can beat that [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 01:54 AM

34!!!! dudes, we rock.

Just did a numbers check. We have 17200 votes. 32nd has about 18800. We'll have to burn the midnight oil if we wish to climb that high. However, we are kicking ass. Tomorrow is gonna be a huge day for Forest. I just know it.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:23 AM

Bump...off to a hot start today...
Old 10-07-2005, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I kept up with this thread for a while, but don't really want to search the last few pages before asking this. Is anyone a member of any big online gaming forums? Gaming like Halo, Counter Strike etc. Those players would get into this thing in the same way that OOT has.

Also, you might want to do an ebay auction. That could gain a lot of interest if done right.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are great and I mean great ideas and should not be overlooked. I am willing to post in those forums to try and get more people to vote. I need 2 things first.

1. I don't know how to ask for help properly. I don't want to be considered spam. Could someone write a form letter type of thing that I could use? As I write and in general operate at a grade 5 level. I guess I could pretend I go to forest and am asking for help! lol

2. Permission from the team to go out and actively recruit new people. Some expressed the feeling that it would be cooler if we won this on our own.

I don't know jack about e-bay but I would be willing to try and learn. I don't really understand the concept of this one though.

You voters have been doing great! I'm back at it myself finally. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 02:45 AM

I think getting help for from other forums might be a cool idea, but posing as a student would be the best way because, at least to me, it would still feel like OOT did it.

If we did it by ways of deceit, then we still did it, if any of this makes sense. If not I appologize.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think getting help for from other forums might be a cool idea, but posing as a student would be the best way because, at least to me, it would still feel like OOT did it.

If we did it by ways of deceit, then we still did it, if any of this makes sense. If not I appologize.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, the student idea is good...I don't think anyone will suspect that we're lying either...cause when you think about it, why the hell would we?
Old 10-07-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO the best way is just as the OP did it, a short, non-demanding post about helping his kid's school. I don't think people would respond well to a student asking for help for some random guy's kid on another message board. Just pretend you are the father, asking for your own kid. The OP is a perfect template.

Edit: of course by student you mean actual kids in actual middle schools. lol i'm slow.
now i think both ways are good.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:02 AM

Let's look at the cup as half full.

Some folks here get 2 or 3 other forums to rally behind this like OOT and this thing is in the bag.

Come on guys, some of you must participate in some other reasonably sized but still kinda close-knit online communities. Let's get just a handful more sites going on this so we can crush those a-holes from Davidson.

BTW, anyone who is participating in this is cool, including Mr. CardSharpCook.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:38 AM

i dont think any other forum except this one will do this. and i am not exactualy sure why this would would. some kids are going to get the computers why would another forum give a [censored] if it was this guys kid?