Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: My Experience at Hollywood Poker (PokerRoom) thus far

Its worth noting that you only have 60 days to clear the 1K bonus.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its worth noting that you only have 60 days to clear the 1K bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm goign to try to do it in 30, if I decide to continue, though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2005, 11:22 AM

Anyone have a way to make the graphis not so hard on my eyes. I had a killer headache after 30minutes.

BTW does the bouns count aggainst from MGR?
Old 08-22-2005, 03:45 PM

Ive had one of the worse runs of my life, since I started playing here. NL 25 tables have alot of cold callers, who seem to get very lucky against me. Some of it is my fault by not letting aa or kk go when re-raised after the flop. Lot of money to be made if you know when to fold them. reloading and going to try again tonight. Just cant believe some of the beats im taking. I know the run has to change eventually lol. Also folded a royal yesterday. Guy from early position raises to 2 bucks, I have aj of hearts and fold. Fop is KQ10 hearts. That was enough to put me on tilt. I find it hard to read the names and money amounts of other players at the table. Also Red backed cards on Red table isn't real smart. I like the front page support help. They also respond pretty quickly in the green room. Well that my two cents, and my your luck be better than mine if playing here.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:28 AM

Default Poker Room

Poker Room was where I learned to play, mostly because I used to play on a Mac. Great play money system. The interface is not that bad, it's just that people get used to playing somewhere else. I remember hating playing at Party for the first month or so because PR was so comfortable. I only play there now for a bonus. Here's my system:

1) Play only during peak hours.

2) Get on the waiting lists for all of the 2/4 and 3/6 full tables that have average pots of over $20. If there are plenty of 2/4 pots hitting $30, i'll stay down there since the players are weaker, but a lot of times I have a bunch of 3/6 going. I get 4 tables going. Short handed is faster if that's your game, but it's not really mine so...

3) While playing I have the dialogue box set up so that all I see is chat and and the winning pot size. I am constantly watching the pot sizes of the last few hands. I want to see atleast 75% of the pots hit $20, or I'm leaving when the blind comes around the 1st or second time. $20 is where you get a full credit towards clearing the bonus.

4) There are plenty of tags and rocks so I want lags at the table and I want them on my right, if not, I'm probably leaving. I have the player notes set up so that each color means something to me. Lags get red, fish get yellow, etc. Before I leave a table I try to give everyone a color that represents how they play based on my observations and PT stats. This makes it easy to navigate the lobby next time you play because each player's color is next to their name, a very cool feature.

5) There are many times when Poker Room is just too dead. If I can't get my 4 tables with the conditions as mentioned, I leave and go work off another bonus. If you can't afford to work on multiple bonuses, then it may be a slight negative for you.

6) If you play less that 2/4, it will take a very long time to clear a bonus here. If you play No Limit, it's much harder to clear a bonus here than at Party. At Party the pot only needs to hit $2, at Poker Room, I think it's a $20 pot and you have to play at least .50BB (equivalent of Party 50nl)to hit the $1 rakes, 25BB only rakes a maximum of .50. Basically if you're a nl player, to find the pots that hit over an average of $20, you need to be comfortable playing some high blind tables.

7) Playing 4 tables of 2/4 and 3/6 as described, here are some of my results: 2100 Raked hands took about 22 hours, 1050 raked took 1600 delt hands and 12 hours. So about 100 fully raked per hour. Of the 7 or 8 deposit bonuses i've done, only one was a losing "whoring session", not counting the bonus. Maybe I've run well there, but tight 2+2 play has worked well for me.

8)It's more of a grind than Party but I like it a lot better than Absolute, which I stopped playing once I graduated from 1/2 limit. Now that I'm playing more nl, I might start passing on the reloads at Poker Room until I'm playing at the higher pot size rooms as previously mentioned.

Tip - PR has "hot keys" as all poker sites should have. Since the F1 key will click auto check/fold, I have the side button on my mouse next to my thumb programmed to type the F1 key. This avoids a lot of index finger burn after those long sessions, and you don't need to run AutoHotKey, etc. like at Party.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:57 AM

Default Re: Poker Room

Wow! Thanks a lot for your input here, man.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:55 AM

bumpy, I seem to see poker-room and hollywood posts too much.

Also, this thread needs to be updated in accordance with pokerroom's new rake schedule and bonus point system.

If a mod would like to edit the OP with:

"Edit: This thread needs to be updated in accordance with pokerroom's new rake schedule and bonus point system."

That would be sweet.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:32 AM

Absolutely. I am working on clearing the 10K bonus on Hollywood. Signed up thru bonuswhores. I lost all my data due to hard drive crash but I remember making $50 every three hours of play. 4-6 tables at a time.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:02 PM

Am I nuts or did the Hollywood $10k Bonus just go from 15x to 20x?
Old 10-18-2005, 11:11 PM

A quick check of BW.com confirms this is the case. I was contemplating this but now forget it.