Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Trip report: Commerce 40/80

So I headed down to Commerce to try some live hold'em last night. Anyone have tips about this game?

So far I've learnt that:

* Clarkmeister's theorem works SO much better live. Actually river play is pretty different from online: not so much thin value betting and more bluffing.

* Finding the lucky chair can take a while. Sometimes you have to try four different seats. Personally, I never have this problem playing online.

* Playing live is very good for improving handreading.

* You raise preflop, asian local pro(?) defends his blind. Flop and turn are low cards. They check/call the flop and check/raise the turn. This means they have nothing and you're supposed to fold.

* Commerce's rake is lower than Pacific Poker's...

* OMG SO MANY WEAK TIGHTIES. The idea of limit hold'em appears to be that your bets are a dialogue with your opponents. Should it become clear from this dialogue that your opponent has a better hand, you're supposed to fold. Putting bad beats on people (even if you have the pot odds) is considered impolite or something. Same with showing down less than a pair... if this happens you have to act all embarrassed and slide your cards into the muck without turning them over.

wheeler
Old 12-04-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Trip report: Commerce 40/80

[ QUOTE ]

* Finding the lucky chair can take a while. Sometimes you have to try four different seats. Personally, I never have this problem playing online.

[/ QUOTE ]
Finding that lucky chair in B&M poker can be tough. There are many times I switch seats 7 or 8 times before I find the lucky one. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Trip report: Commerce 40/80

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Finding that lucky chair in B&M poker can be tough. There are many times I switch seats 7 or 8 times before I find the lucky one. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

try finding it in pai gow!