Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Re: 2 tough decisions from Foxwoods

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2: Looks a lot like aces to me. I fold and am not to worried about it. If he makes this play with a hand worse than KQ, then you would have seen some horrible plays before the 200/400 level and known who you were up against.

[/ QUOTE ]

But doesn't that overbet scream "don't call me"? If he has AA then wouldn't he try to extract more from someone w/ a K? Or is he playing so scared that he doesn't want to give someone the chance to hit 2 pair? I mean if you have AA, could you pick a better flop than that? Why push?
And again, the same arguments could be made for AK.

Although, I must admit. . . I'm having a hard time figuring out the type of hand he did push with here.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1: Blinds are 25-50, you have about a 9k stack.

UTG raises to 300, I decided to call in the button with JJ; BB also calls.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG bets 300 again, I call and BB raises to 1500. UTG folds.

Your action?

Hand #2: Blinds 200-400 with 50 ante. You have a 10k stack and KQ in the BB.

EP raises to 1k (which is very small for the standard raise up to this point), LB calls and you call.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, I check; and EP goes AI for about 13k. SB folds. Your move?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1, I think that raise and action is a little strong for a set to take. Seems like he's intentionally killing your odds, though theres some chance hes just aggressive or is fishing for an overpair (reads help here...). I think you see ATs-JTs a lot more often though. I call and probably get more money in on the turn.

Hand 2, he can have this pot (4:3 odds? Juicy). I'm surprised you don't list any read on a guy who makes this bet, but in any case this is almost never a bluff.

Everett
Old 11-18-2005, 11:36 AM

Hand 1. Definitely not folding here. I'll raise here and try to finish the hand. I don't think BB has a set, or T9, too big of a raise on the flop. Looks like QT, KT. I think you're ahead with your Jacks right now.

Hand 2. That small raise preflop is suspicious. I'll muck this. If EP is a donk, you can bust him later.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:11 PM

Hehehe

Call call but im a fish
Old 11-18-2005, 12:40 PM

I fold both.

In hand one, I would've raised UTG's 300 bet.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:54 PM

hey david,

i'm posting without checking out other posts. these hands are difficult and there are probably many ways to play them, but i will tell you what i feel with my instinct here...

hand 1. obviously i know the postflop play so it influences my preflop feelings, but i feel with our position we can reraise here. having no read on an utg raiser scares me, but instead of dealing with an undercard flop w/ JJ and no knowledge of the UTG I want to reraise JJ here and take control. I play JJ very conservative with low blinds but I love position enough.. to mix it up a little here. How it was played... I am comfortable folding the flop. Then again, BB has no reason to put you on an overpair. BB could be pumping an OESD or top pair here if he is aggressive.

hand 2. ick. the overbet all in. i feel at best you are chopping. this is probably a top pair a player doesn't know how to play with deep stacks. with no read, this is a tough fold, but i think AK is more likely here than KQ/KJ by far.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:23 PM

i take almost the same line. hand 1: call. gut feeling is hes got OESD, or AT, maybe set. Big pair, prob wouldve reraised before the flop, altho QQ is possible. Call, and if board didnt come Q or 8 or T on the turn, i would think im good and lead in for about 2500. May get AT to hang himself.

hand 2: fold, after "staring into his soul."
Old 11-18-2005, 01:31 PM

No one considers popping the flop on hand one up to 1500 themselves before it gets back to BB? If he reraises there it is an easy fold I would think, if he calls...oh well. At least then you will have shown strength and he wont lead the turn with a random T. You have an overpair and have shown no strength at all, why wouldn't BB think his Tx and specially AT is worth a raise?

Second one is a fold to me, unless I have a read he is a nutcase.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one considers popping the flop on hand one up to 1500 themselves before it gets back to BB?

[/ QUOTE ]
interesting that you say this considering the majority of posts in this thread recommend exactly this.

nice analysis!
Old 11-18-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No one considers popping the flop on hand one up to 1500 themselves before it gets back to BB?

[/ QUOTE ]
interesting that you say this considering the majority of posts in this thread recommend exactly this.

nice analysis!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, rereading all replies I see a 3 person majority suggested this. I guess I'm guilty of skimming some posts.